Team Camaro Tech banner

any1 know anything about stalls.....i dont

852 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ept000 
#1 ·
ok guys the last feedback u gave me was pretty helpful so hopefully some1 can help me with this 1... for some reason when i drive fast then break my car stalls. i dont know what it could be the car has a carbarator not fuel injection and it bugs me to hell that such a damn good looking car stalls on me if any1 knows what it could be id be more then happy to here ur imput its an 83 z28

#2 ·
Fuel is sloshing out of the fload bowl vent and going down the carb. What kind of carb is it? Try connecting a piece of fuel line between the two vent tubes and cuttin a small hole at the highest point in the tube.

#6 ·
There should be a tube sticking up from the top of the carb. If it's a four barrel there will be two tubes. They will be inside the air cleaner. They are usually a little larger than a pencil. These tubes vent air to the float bowl (where the gas is held in the carb). When you hit the brakes gas rushes up the tube and spills down the carb and floods the motor. By making the tubes higher with a piece of hose you make it harder for the gas to spill out. If you have two tubes (four barrel) you can make a loop of fuel line between the two tubes (like a bucket handle) but at the highest point you have to cut an opening so you have a vent again. You can't just seal the two vents up. I'm not promising you this is what is causing your problem, it's just a good place to start, and it can't hurt to extend the vent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.