any1 know anything about stalls.....i dont - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 05, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

any1 know anything about stalls.....i dont

ok guys the last feedback u gave me was pretty helpful so hopefully some1 can help me with this 1... for some reason when i drive fast then break my car stalls. i dont know what it could be the car has a carbarator not fuel injection and it bugs me to hell that such a damn good looking car stalls on me if any1 knows what it could be id be more then happy to here ur imput its an 83 z28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 05, 10:11 PM
Senior Tech
Eric

Re: any1 know anything about stalls.....i dont

Fuel is sloshing out of the fload bowl vent and going down the carb. What kind of carb is it? Try connecting a piece of fuel line between the two vent tubes and cuttin a small hole at the highest point in the tube.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 05, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

what do u mean exactly i dont know much about repairing things so u will have to explain to me alil more step by step on how to best fix this

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 05, 10:27 PM
Senior Tech
Eric

OK first tell me what kind of carb it is.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 05, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

i dont know exactly.. but i think it is the regular carburator that came with the car
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 05, 10:57 PM
Senior Tech
Eric

There should be a tube sticking up from the top of the carb. If it's a four barrel there will be two tubes. They will be inside the air cleaner. They are usually a little larger than a pencil. These tubes vent air to the float bowl (where the gas is held in the carb). When you hit the brakes gas rushes up the tube and spills down the carb and floods the motor. By making the tubes higher with a piece of hose you make it harder for the gas to spill out. If you have two tubes (four barrel) you can make a loop of fuel line between the two tubes (like a bucket handle) but at the highest point you have to cut an opening so you have a vent again. You can't just seal the two vents up. I'm not promising you this is what is causing your problem, it's just a good place to start, and it can't hurt to extend the vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode