Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 05, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Call me Funk

Send a message via AIM to CFunK
Carb Return Spring Placement

Here is a picture of my current setup.

I will be replacing the exisiting "Z/28" throttle rod and would like to use the hole the return springs are now occupying. Any ideas on where to relocate the return springs to? Edelbrock 1405 carb.

-Funk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 05, 02:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: Carb Return Spring Placement

Chris, with a stock 327 throttle rod on mine, I need 2 washers to shim it "tight" on the edelbrock carb, betcha that bracket of your would slide right in same place it is. Where'd ya get that anyway? pretty tirck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 05, 02:55 PM
Senior Tech

I use an inner and outer spring setup that works nice in one small hole. It looks like you have such a hole right below your current setup. You could also try putting your current spring bracket on the bolt for the kickdown and run the springs back to the kickdown cable bracket. Two quick ideas that came to mind. Those springs look pretty heavy. If you need two springs you might try lighter ones. It causes less wear and tear on the throttle shaft bores and you don't need to stand on the pedal.

69 RS 355 Tremec 5-Speed 4.11's

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 05, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Call me Funk

Send a message via AIM to CFunK

Sorry Jim, I am not following what you are saying.

Those springs look heavy duty but the aren't. Just lots of coils.

The other thing that bothers me about this setup is why is there a bolt/nut being used as a stop on the kick down cable. I thought any slack in the cable should be removed by adjusting the kickdown with the carb at WOT.

-Funk

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 05, 03:50 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

what I'm saying is just slide your throttle arm thru the hole in your spring brascket, leave it right where it is. Bet you can still get the clip on.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 05, 04:38 PM
Senior Tech

Well if you can't move the kickdown back toward the firewall far enough, I guess that's one way to fix it.

69 RS 355 Tremec 5-Speed 4.11's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode