Headers for 69 Big Block? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 05, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Headers for 69 Big Block?

What are the best headers for fit on a 69 Big Block with factory a/c? It is pretty tight by the a/c box as well as by the steering gear. Hooker Comps? Anybody with any experience in this out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 05, 09:48 AM
Senior Tech
Wes

Re: Headers for 69 Big Block?

Big Tom,..I have coated Super Comps 2 inchers on my BB 69. I don't have A/C or PS, but everything fits fine. I had to re-route my fuel line (tank to pump) on top of the sub-frame instead of the side,..no big deal. And if you're using aftermarket head bolts, you may have a small clearance issue with the 4 bolts on each side, just below the header flanges. I simply replaced these eight with standard bolts that have a less elevated head. I have a 4-speed car and the clutch and linkage clear fine.

Overall, very pleased. Just remember, BB headers in a Camaro will always require a little creative adapting. I don't know of any BB headers that bolt and go.

Lastly, make sure you're using BB motor frame mounts for your engine,..the ones that offset the engine an inch toward the passenger's side.

Good luck!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 05, 11:08 AM
Senior Tech
Chuck

My 69 "COPO" (Recreation) has Hooker Comp Headers. I can not address A/C issues.
We had to grind one side of ONE P/S box cover BOLT for fitment. I bought these coated headers through a EBAY seller in Dallas. Drove car in 2005 Power Tour, etc so far with no problem..............other than starter gets hot and wont restart immediately after shutdown.

Chuck S

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 05, 03:40 PM
Tech Team
Joe

Send a message via Yahoo to Joes_68

do you have the small gear reduction starter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode