Camaro motor rebuild options? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 05, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Justin

Camaro motor rebuild options?

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can direct me on where to get a good (Master) rebuild kit for my 350. It is out of my 67' Camaro and needs freshened up. I have been looking on ebay for kits. They range anywhere from $200-$500 without machine work. I am not looking for a 500hp motor....a little over 300 would be nice.

What is the way to go while doing this? I don't have much to spend. I was also thinking roller rockers? and possibly a cam?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 05, 09:36 AM
Tech Team
Rich

Re: Camaro motor rebuild options?

Try summitracing.com or jegs.com. They seem to have a lot of choices. But doing it right isn't cheap. The best price I could get locally to rebuild my 327 was almost $1500, and just the machining would be $500.

I ended up buying a rebuild on ebay from city motor supply in texas. They built a motor for me with a performance cam, and included chrome valve covers, a chrome oil pan and timing cover, and a chrome dipstick for about $1260, and that's with shipping! And, I had the motor 6 days after I hit "buy it now." Check out this item number: 7914679011.

Call and ask for John Dear. This guy bent over backwards to get me what I wanted. By far the best ebay experience I ever had. Plus, I sold my 327 on ebay and got some of my cost back. Life is good.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 05, 11:04 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

is this an original #'s matching motor from a 67 SS?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 05, 05:19 PM

Thumbs up Re: Camaro motor rebuild options?

Northern Automotive Parts sells good STOCK kits reasonably priced that contain good parts!

pdq67

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 05, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Justin

Hey guys, thanks for the help so far. I am thinking about just putting rings, pistons, seals and gaskets in for now. I am really low on cash and just spent some more money today (Brand new MSD pro billet distributor, blaster coil, MSD iginition for $230!!!!! AND ITS ALL NEW!) so i have to really think about what I want to do with this motor. Thanks again

Justin

*Not sure if it is a numbers matching motor!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 05, 02:39 PM

Smile Re: Camaro motor rebuild options?

You know, I hate to say this, but they run pretty darn good with just points, imho!!

AND I have a brand new HEI in a box now!!

pdq567

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode