383 stroker - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 05, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

383 stroker

so i bought a 383 stroker long block, i purchased edlebrock 700 cfm carb, edlebrock intake, shorty blockhugger headers, new highflow water pump, and im thinking of getting a serpentine pulley kit, but im not sure if theres much difference in performance with serpentine than v-belt, also could some give a ballpark on torque and hp for this setup, thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 05, 12:24 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

Re: 383 stroker

you need to give more detail if you want a decent estimate. We need to know the cam specs, type and size of the heads, which Edelbrock intake, since they are shorty headers I assume they are 1 5/8", correct? You won't see any performance difference with the different belt type.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 05, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

ok, so the specs on the heads are 194 on the intake and 1 500 on the exhaust. the cam spec are 204 on the intake and 214 on the exhaust, as for the head type, how can i go about finding that out

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 05, 01:18 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

The specs you listed are valve sizes. As far as the heads you didn't say if they were aftermarket or stock type GM heads. From the valve sizes I assume they are stock heads. There is a casting number on the top of the head (under the valve cover) with that number you can look up the specs on the heads (chamber size, runner size, etc..) all these things have effect on power and powerband. The cam numbers you listed appear to be duration at .050 numbers, does not say what the lift of the cam is nor the LSA (lobe seperation angle). Judging by the numbers it is a pretty mild cam and should make a lot of torque down low, that along with the heads. I would expect a powerband from idle to about 4500-5000RPM with a lot of torque, good motor for towning, Should make a fun cruiser engine with the right gears.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode