400+ cubic inch small block help - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 05, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Question 400+ cubic inch small block help

Ok I'm back I have been working every angle on my new small block and I want to know how much stroke I can go on this monster before I have start getting new things like oil pans etc? On my present 350 I have bough a CV Products road race pan and want to use it again but I dont hink it will work with a 4" stroke will it? It has a built in baffle so I would kinda like to go for as far as I can?
Thanks,
Mike

69 RS/SS vert tourer, LS7, T56, Baer, Hydrooost, GW, etc, etc,
Welfare is completely against freedom and the principles of american life, paying people not to work by stealing from the people who do is insanity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 05, 08:14 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

Re: 400+ cubic inch small block help

What block are you using? What rods? If you want to run 4" or 4.125 stroke your best bet for the money is Milodons stroker pan. It clears most H-beam rods up to 4.125" stoke. Moroso makes one too but not as much clearance. Of course you could go all out with a fabricated pan fron Canfield , Cannon, ect.. I was in the same boat Moroso Street/Strip pan windage tray fitted crank scraper, trap doors, baffles the works. All with very low miles. If you just want big inches look into big bore with 3.75" stroke crank then you can keep your pan.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 05, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Whats the cubic inches with a 3.75? I was looking to go 427. What I want is 100% reliabilty lots of torque and about 550 or so horsepower.

69 RS/SS vert tourer, LS7, T56, Baer, Hydrooost, GW, etc, etc,
Welfare is completely against freedom and the principles of american life, paying people not to work by stealing from the people who do is insanity.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 05, 12:07 AM
Senior Tech
Harley D

Your in the same boat I was a year ago. I shopped around for about 6-8 months before I decided what I was going to buy. I wanted a good value, dependability, bullet proof bottom end, @ 550hp and 530ft lbs. There are lots of ways to go. Shafiroff has a great package with there ultra street. stay with the standard specs though I had them price a 427 instead of the 434 and the price went up @ $800. Summit and Jegs have the World Motown 415 and 427 good crate motors. I was set on building up my own engine the way I wanted with AFR 210 race heads and lunatie Voodoo cam with 1.6 rockers for max lift without too long of a duration. idles quite but sound like a healthy big block when I hit the gas. So I got my bottom end from Ohio Crankshaft. Great guys good tech info, very helpful, fast turnaround, and they built to my specs. for less than most other places. Her are some sites to help you out.
www.ohiocrank.com
www.shafiroff.com
www.worldcastings.com
www.speedomotive.com
www.theengineshop.com
Hope this helps any thing else let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode