BLEEDING at #7 - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 05, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Question BLEEDING at #7

I have a 383 that has about 800 miles on it. This is my first build up and engine swap so I had a few hic-cups along the way. I finally have it running about where I want it to but I keep getting oil around the #7 plug. Enough that is leaves a draining stain around the plug and splashes off the flywheel. It had done this in the beginning so on a mechanics suggestion (because it was a new build and had stop and go traffic miles on it), I took it out on a 90 mile trip to see if the open road would help clear things up. It seem to work. Now its about a month later and it's worse than before. I have Dart angle plug heads running Royal Purple oil. I know I'm getting a little blow-by because it's hard to tighten these plugs all the way down with headers on an angle. Just to make sure 12 degrees initial/32 degrees overall, 10:1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 05, 07:37 AM
Senior Tech

Re: BLEEDING at #7

did you forget to use sealer on a rocker arm stud?if not i am afraid it sounds like a valve guide.are there any signs on other plugs?how is the pcv connected?
E

86 camaro,383,topline vortecs,scat crank,wiseco forged 9.5:1,6"scat rods,comp xs282s,performer rpm,750 proform vac sec,msd in cap, hooker coated 1 5/8"headers,3"flowmaster,700r4,2800 stall,3.42 10 bolt posi,hotchkiss lca's,aje tube k member & a-arms
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 05, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Re: BLEEDING at #7

To clarify, this is my first car build up, the engine was professionally built. But, I've made enough dumb mistakes from mixing up the distributor wires on initial start-up to putting the balancing plate back on my new 400 flywheel. Having a shotgun go off under your hood and pulling a tranny because of a 1/8 inch thick piece of metal makes you remember your errors. What am I looking at for a valve guide? I haven't noticed anything on any of the other plugs other than a little blow-by. I need to do another close inspection. The PCV is connected off the passenger side valve cover. I have a push in breather on the driver side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode