Team Camaro Tech banner

Holley Carb Problems

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  69Mike 
#1 ·
I am through (I think) with the frame-off on my 69. During the process I bought a new Holley carb (has an electric choke and is, I think a 600cfm). All went fine for the couple of hundred miles I have driven the car. On this past Saturday the carb started to 'load up' just after I started it. It would hardly idle and lots of black smoke came out the rear. Knowledgeable friends said it sounded like the float was sticking and that I should tap on the floats (front and rear) before trying to start the car. I did this and the car did start and idled ok for about a minute before it started to load up again.
I traded the carb in for a repacement (it was within the 90 day return period.) The new carb seems to work fine. We will see.
I now have to change my nearly new engine oil because there is a risk that the raw gas going through the carb has contaminated the engine oil.
Hopefully this story will aid some of you.
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.