no start...91 v6... - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 05, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Angry no start...91 v6...

hi, i need some help please...my car does not want to start..here's the story:

thursday night: no problems. drove to work. when starting the car to go back home, the car would crank but not start. i had no gas in the tank, so i poured some and tried again. crank but not start - every 10 short cranks, the car would start, and die out after .5 or 1 second, like it has no fuel. tried several more times, like 20-25 cranks, and the car started. stopped at the gas station and put half-tank to get home.

friday: same thing as last night (above). i checked the fuel rail pressure by pressing down the little nipple - got pressure. got the spark plug out - got spark. i did the same procedure above...always checking the fuel pressure...and it started, finally. went to gas station to fill up the tank, and while driving, IF i floored the gas pedal, the car would stutter. it'd be fine if i drove it with ease...WENT to the mall to eat. as i came back, the same problem would happen. only this time...the car would NEVER start again.

saturday: towed the car to the shop where i work. checked again: it has fuel pressure, spark and the manifold is sucking air in. after removing the distributor cap to re-check it, it had a white crust that was removed, and when i put it back and try to start, BAM!

ps: fuel pump, filter, relay, spark plugs, cables, distributor cap, rotor are 1 year old. distributor points and rotor tip had white crust. spark plugs are black and dry. (not too black) engine service soon light is on: LOW FUEL PUMP VOLTAGE since i bought the car years ago.

"the end"

can somebody help me???
thanks already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode