Headers? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 05, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Berry

Headers?

I was wondering if it is really worth the $600 to buy hooker super comp ceramic coated headers for my 68 with a 327 I am willing to buy them just trying to get some different views about it and will it make that much of a difference performance wise as well as engine compartment temp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 05, 01:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Re: Headers?

I have hooker 2451 , 1 5/8 tube with AFR angle plug heads and p/s , These I know clear the steering box but I am not sure about the 2131 that I think you are looking about... Do a search on this site on that topic, there are many posts about this .

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 05, 02:26 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I have the same ones as Don (Zdld17) ceramic coated from hooker. 6 years old, still looking good and fit perfect, for like $350. Do NOT use this part # with angle plug heads tho!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 05, 03:15 PM
Senior Tech
Craig

I have the hooker super comp ceramic coated on my car as well. I think they were worth the $600...besides the perf aspect the look very nice...IMHO. You can see them in the pics if you click on my sig.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 05, 03:31 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

the 2451 ## is the comp, not super comps, that's why they are cheaper. Both darned good products tho

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 05, 03:44 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Armando

i just got some Doug Thorley #376Y1C Ceramic Coated headers from Summit for 478.00

Armando

1967 Chevy Camaro RS/SS
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew FX4
2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS (sold)
2002 F150 Harley Davidson (sold)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 05, 05:53 PM
Senior Tech

My 2 cents;
get the ceramic coated headers,
the painted ones rust too easy; in 2 years,they look Old.

The Not coated Hookers
I put on my Camaro looked nice for about 3 months,
I should have spent the extra money,and suggest anybody does.

I sold my Camaro,hope the current owner drives it.
Email

I live near Albany,NY USA,
where are You?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 05, 08:44 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Just bought a set of 1 7/8" ceramic coated SC's from Summit and they were $650 delivered ($200 extra for the coating) which I didn't think was bad.Last time I sent headers to Jet-Hot,I spent a lot more than that.One side isn't has shiny as the other which somewhat concerns me.

Hooker is pretty specific about NOT trying to break-in a motor with ceramic coated headers which need a few heat cycles to fully cure...and will void the warranty.I'm pretty sure this is true of all coated headers.

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 05, 09:17 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

it is. If you break in a new motor or break in a new cam with fresh coated headers they end up looking dull or starting to get light rust spots after while
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 05, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Berry

I have another question, I was wondering what size headers I should get 1 5/8 or 1 3/4 I currently have a 327 but going to upgrade to a 350 soon will the 1 5/8 be adequate enough or should I get the 1 3/4 and how will they perform on the 327?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 05, 01:06 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

1 5/8" are plenty for the 350 too.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 05, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Berry

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode