Team Camaro Tech banner

Lifter Blueprinting

777 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BlackoutSteve 
#1 ·
I just received my Crower Severe Duty Cutaway Solid Roller w/HPPO lifters and they mic between .8413" and .8421". I'm seeing as much as .0007" variance in diameter on the same lifter at different points on the lifter body. Is this normal tolerance? It seems like a big range considering lifter to lifter bore clearance should be .001-.0015.

Another interesting thing about these lifters is that I can't install them with the heads installed because of the raised tie bar and the tall lifter bores of the Bow Tie block. It's going to make servicing a nightmare.

--Neil

#2 · (Edited)
If you're worried about the tolerance, contact Crower, but I'd say that the dimesions are deliberate as the lifter will heat and expand un-evenly..

Bummer about your lifters not installing with the heads on..
I have ordered my Isky Red Zone lightweight (RHM) solid roller lifters and have just fitted my heads with a pair of AU$250 Felpro 1027 head gaskets..
Damn! :clonk:
Hopefully, my block being a MKIV without the raised lifter bosses will get me out of jail..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.