Re: dwell adjustment
Points have advantages:
1. Easy to troubleshoot if "no spark" symptom is recognized.
2. Easy to exchange with one tool.
3. Easy to prevent from corroding if the correct capacitance is selected and better materials, thank you technology. This prevents contact material from transferring from one contact to the other.
4. Easy to achieve higher rpm, change to a stronger spring set, as JohnZ suggested.
5. Peace of mind given after exchanging points and problem goes away.
6. And finally, cheaper in replacement cost than a module.
And yes, I still have my Heathkit Ignition Analyzer (oscilliscope) from 1972.
Also, having a spare points ignition system around is an excellent troubleshooting tool when one suspects an ignition problem.
Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden … enjoy your next chapter.