De-Stroked 454. - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 05, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

De-Stroked 454.

What you opinions on a de-stroked 454? Im looking for feedback on my engine plans.
454 2 bolt main block w/ main studs
Eagle 3.75 stroke 4340 crank
Eagle +.25 long rods
10.5 comp. Forged pistons
Brodix Race Rite oval port heads
Solid roller cam ???specs
Team G intake
Reworked 750 Holley DP
Im looking for a motor to run OK on the street, be able to hold its own at the drags and able to turns some RPMs during an occasional open track event.
Please let me know if you think.
Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 05, 06:51 AM
Senior Tech

Re: De-Stroked 454.

Then you will have a 427. I'd go with a 4 .250 stroke and .250 longer rods if I was going to spend the money. On the street and the dragsrip that would be an animal compared to the 427. Open track I do not know. That 750 carb is to small. Goodluck.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 05, 10:59 AM

Smile Re: De-Stroked 454.

I have a 496 now and it is about like what you mentioned you want yours to run like.

The problem we have here is that we aren't going to be competitive regardless b/c our motors are do all things pretty good, but do no one thing great like a dedicated motor will do.

Drag cars need high rpm drag motors, a cruiser needs a fuel eff. motor so you don't break the bank cruising and a track/road course or an auto-cross car needs one that makes power everywhere and that can wind up AND down fast.

See what I mean..

I built mine for what I call, max. midrange grunt which is just where I figure a multi-purpose motor needs to produce MOST of it's power the most eff. way it can.

I am right at 9.8 to 1 CR. so I can burn good pump gas and have installed a good old CC 282S solid cam that in my combination , (per D2K), produces right at 550 hp at 5500 rpm and 580 t at 4500 rpm for TO ME, great midrange GRUNT!

I call my motor, my great big, "tow-truck" motor b/c I figure it can be used to pull a 30' horse trailer in a Dualie if I ever have to part with it!

One motor that will come close to what you want to do is like this;

4.6" b x 3.76" s = 500"! It will wind up like a Z-28 motor AND b/c of it's shear size will have plenty of grunt, imho.. Just make sure you have a GOOD/strong high rpm rotating assembly in her is all...

Take your pick and have fun..

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode