Advise on Exhaust. - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 05, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Advise on Exhaust.

As very few of you know, I'm dropping in an 83' chevy 30 into my 84' z28 camaro. Well, I'm going to get dual exhaust for it, the full system, with headers. I was thing about flowmaster exhaust, with Delta 40's, and Hedman Headers. What kind of piping would work best, and what size? I would like a nice deep and very noticable sound. Loud and highly intimidating, but nothing that can be heard a mile away at low rpm's. What i'm trying to say is, a car that will keep a deep, threatening sound when I cruise, and loud roar when It opens up on the strip. Any ideas guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 05, 01:25 PM
Senior Tech
Keith

Re: Advise on Exhaust.

The delta 40's would work good with a dual 2.5" exhaust. The only problem I see is that I hope you can find a shop willing to make the pipes for you.Most shops nowadays won't eliminate the Cat's on a car or work on an exhaust without them.Also finding a shop that can figure out how to route a true dual exhaust on a third gen. since you can't take a pipe over the driverside of the rear end housing, the panhard bar is in the way. Also, the driverside trans crossmember isn't desiged for an exhaust pipe to pass under it. The best way to do it is to run shorty headers an then run both pipes down the passenger side and over the rear axle, then mount both mufflers where the stock one was, and then run both tail pipes out the drivers side. The other option is to run Edelbrock's tubula exhaust headers (these are shorty') and their 3" Y pipe. Hoo this to the Flowmaster American Thunder 3" dual outlet kit. This is a 3" sigle exhaust that mounts in the stock location and has dual outlet tips on oposite sides of the car. Join the 2 with a peice of 3" tubing and your good to go. This you can install yourself in the driveway. If you have a shop install, use a Magnaflow high flow cat.The new high flow cat's won't take any power away fom the car, but will keep it legal. Also the cat will quiet it down a little putting aruond town, but it'll still draw attention, but wen you open it up it'll still roar. I had a 90 Formula with the Edelbrock headers, stock dual cat's, and a 3" exhaust with flowmaster dual outlet muffler with a TPI 350 (ported heads, big cam, etc.) adn a 5 speed and the sounds this car made at WOT was incredible. It was still loud at idle and cruisig speed, but not enough to draw the cops attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode