carb question - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 05, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

carb question

i have a 67 rs with a 327 and it has a 4777-2 holley(650 dp) and not sure what kind of cam but a very lopey idle to it, i just recently purchased the car and was wondering if the carb that is on it is a good match or if someone had a better recommendation, the car runs very rich and ive got a few other dilemmas that have come up but was wondering about the carb, any advice would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 05, 10:15 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harry

Re: carb question

carb is a little on the big side BUT
depending on the cam it could be just right
I would check the power valve on the metering plate.
a blown PV willl give you a overly rich mixture

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

434 stroker
US Navy retired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 05, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

thanks for reply, when the car is sitting in my garage it smells like straight gas and i can even smell it downstairs when i first walk in, not sure what that is about and when im idling at a stop sign or red light i get alot of exhaust and now the car is wanting to idle down low enough to stall when i come to a stop, so ive got some issues to work out and not sure what could be causing all this but looks like im going to have to send it to a mechanic because im just learning in the mechainc department and was trying to get some suggestions before i take it in thanks again for the reply

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 05, 11:16 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

I am working this out right now...650 speed demon, I leaned out the idle and used a vacume gague, 9" steady at 950 rpm, any lower and it just will not run, Did you try to adjust the idle screws at all?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 05, 12:25 AM
Senior Tech
Harley D

I would start with checking the fuel float level, and fuel pressure. "If it's not a stock pump." Then adjust the idle mixture. You may also want to look at changing the metering jets down a few sizes. This will make the carb " act " a little smaller without the expense of a new carb.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode