Team Camaro Tech banner

ZL1 vs ZL1 1LE Drag Racing

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  dykstra 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a new ZL1 to keep my 68 company in the garage... I can't decide if I should get the 1LE package or not. I am aware it is more of a road racing suspension over the non-1LE version, but am curious if anyone can speak to its performance out of the hole.

I will not be buying the car to drag race at the track. Its going to be a street car. But I dont want it if its a dog out of the hole as compared to the non-1LE. If they are the same, I will go for the 1LE.

Also, will be getting the a10 trans.

Thanks

#3 ·
For 2020 it does not look like any difference of trans or rear gearing. Shouldn’t be any different out of the hole.

1LE does have different dampers but it also has GoodYear Supercar tires. If I was not going to track the car and/or I didn’t like the wing and splitter package I wouldn’t get the 1LE.

My 2015 Z/28 rode like a brick and darted left and right following the road until I changed out the Trofeos. Bridgestone RE11s changed the car for sure.

I don’t think your getting a luxurious ride with either model.

#4 ·
650 HP and you’re worried it will be a “dog out of the hole”? Seriously? The 1LE pacakage is for improved track performance. The engines are the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.