Installing new headlights - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 07, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dan

Installing new headlights

Hello all, I am in the process of shopping for new headlights for my 69. I'm looking for a clear lens, diamond cut lamp. I know DSE sells them but too expensive for me. What brand have you guys used and were they a direct fit or did you have to do some cutting? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 07, 09:32 PM
Senior Tech
Chad

Re: Installing new headlights

I have Delta brand lights. They are available from classic industries. You can see pics on my site. They are E class but not diamond cut as far as I know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TCI Engineering equiped pro touring 1968 Camaro
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 07, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dan

I looked up headlights on classic industries and I did find diamond cut headlights. Question is do you have to do any cutting or grinding to make them fit? Anybody have any experience with CI's headlights?

BTW, nice car 1stgenCR!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 07, 07:10 AM
Senior Tech
Tony

I just bought Wagner Brite Lights from NPD. $15.00 per. Supposed to be a major improvement and for that money its worth it. If I went the DSE route I would be going overboard like I have on several aspects of my project.

67 Camaro- 427BB, TKO 600, 3.55 12 bolt etc.etc.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 07, 09:56 AM

I bought Sylvania Cool Blue Headlamp from Kragen Auto Parts for about $40 each. They are brighter with no cutting, just a easy replacement.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 07, 08:39 PM
Senior Tech
Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo View Post
I looked up headlights on classic industries and I did find diamond cut headlights. Question is do you have to do any cutting or grinding to make them fit? Anybody have any experience with CI's headlights?

BTW, nice car 1stgenCR!!!
Thanks for the compliment!

You do not have to modify the housing to fit the Delta headlights. NOte classic uses the delta part numbers but doesn't disclose the brand in your catalogs. You can go on delta's website to check out more info on models.

While you don't need to modify your housing you have to spend a little extra time to install the lights. This is because the rubber boot that seals moisture/debris at the back of the light is a larger diameter than the hole in the back of the stock healight bucket. BUT the rubber is flexible enough that it will still squeeze through the hole and the components it protects are small enough diameter they do not interfere.

To ensure I didn't pinch the rubber boot I just installed the headlight in the bucket first and then slid it into place in the housing. The bucket slides onto the two adjuster screws and the tension of the spring holds it in place so it's pretty easy.

TCI Engineering equiped pro touring 1968 Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode