Headlights dont go off! - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 07, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ryan

Headlights dont go off!

Hey guys. Im having a wiring problem right now. I installed a painless wiring kit and am having problems with the headlight switch (standard headlights). When I hook up the battery and connect the headlights, they wont go off. It seems like nothing I do works but the high/low beam switch on the floor works fine. I thought it could be a bad ground so I jumped a wire from the switch to body and it doesnt seem to matter. This is a brand new switch so I tried the old one (that was working fine when I took it out) but nothing changes it... Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks...

Oh I forgot to mention that it has to be something with the switch because when I unplug the switch, the headlights go out...

Last edited by ryry; Feb 10th, 07 at 06:08 PM. Reason: add in a little more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 07, 08:09 PM

Re: Headlights dont go off!

did you try switching wires around on the switch.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 07, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Ryan

Re: Headlights dont go off!

Well, the wires were in the right spot but one of them had come loose and wasnt making a connection... Thanks for the suggestion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode