Security - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 07, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Security

What is recommended for alarm systems?

I've thought about LoJack but I understand its pretty expensive.

I remember a guy that had an alarm system that paged him if it went off. I have a 67 Camaro that is very electrically unsophisticated.

I'd like to be able to park it, go into a restaraunt and eat and come out again. As it is now, I am never out of sight of it unless its in my garage. So if my wife and I go eat somewhere, I have to sit where I can see it clearly. These old cars attract people who will come up and actually open your doors and look around at stuff. They go hands on. Once when driving without my hood on, I walked over to get a coffee at an outdoor stand and I turn around and some dude is messing with my carb!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 07, 10:48 AM

Re: Security

I also have a 67 Camaro and just installed a Marksman M12A 2 way remote. It's great because it pages or beeps when my alarm goes off up to 2000 feet away. It also shows where on the car someone is messing with. Do a goggle search for this alarm. I paid $400 installed with a hidden kill switch, motion sensor, so when my windows are rolled down and someone sticks there hands inside my car, the alarm will go off. It comes with a lot of options, like remote start, trunk release, impact sensor and also a built in Temperature senor, So I know when my car gets cold and I could turn on the gargage heater . J/K. I live in Sunny So. California so I don't have to worry about that. But look into this alarm, because I had the same concerns and feel alittle better now when I park my car. If you want to get really serious about keeping your car safe, they also sell a GPS Tracking, which I'm planning on putting on my daughter's car without knowing. Hope this helps.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 07, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Thanks so much, I'll go looking for that. Now, did you have that installed or did you do it yourself?
If you did it yourself, does it come with directions for simpletons like me?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 07, 02:04 PM

I had it installed, I wanted it done right. It does come with instructions but looking at them I was glad I had a pro install it. You could probably go to your local alarm dealer and see what it cost for this system or see what they would charge you if you were to buy it and they install it. Doesn't hurt to ask....... Let me know if you need anything else.. I'm glad to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode