how to mount wires at the junction block - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 07, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tom

how to mount wires at the junction block

I'm slowly in the process of putting my 67 rs back together and tomorrow I will be putting the wire harness back in. In another post tonight about grounding connections, a picture was posted with the block in the background (the one I'm referring to is where the + battery pigtail is connected to the harness). The wires appeared to be connected on top of the block. Is this correct? Can anyone post a pcture of how these connect, mine were not connected there before I took everything apart.

Thanks

Tom
67 RS B/N Yellow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 07, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: how to mount wires at the junction block

Are you referring to the junction block next to the stock battery tray on the radiator support? A red wire from the horn relay crosses over the rad support and gets placed onto the terminal. The red battery pigtail goes onto this terminal.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 07, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tom

Yes, that is the block I'm referring to. When you mention on the terminal, do you mean right over the top of it? By looking at the block, it looks like something should go behind it? How are the wires connected?

Tom
67 RS B/N Yellow

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 07, 07:30 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

There are some close-ups and a description of that junction block here. https://www.camaros.net/techref/elect...tion_block.htm
Note that no one is making claim that the pics are exactly as original as far as the order the wires attach or the position they point. That post is more intended to be a functional guide rather than a resotation guide.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 07, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomg View Post
Yes, that is the block I'm referring to. When you mention on the terminal, do you mean right over the top of it? By looking at the block, it looks like something should go behind it? How are the wires connected?
There is no connection on the back side, all is on the one side as shown by the link JimM posted.

A hint, you might want to put a small square of paper gasket behind the junction block to isolate it from the rad support. Over time, several years, rust does build up in the enclosed area and you have a high resistance current leak, as GM did not isolate the terminal bolt head from the rad support.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 07, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tom

guys, thanks for the help, those pictures are exactly what I needed. Now back to the garage I go.

Tom
67 RS B/N Yellow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode