taillight wiring harness placement - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 07, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
bruce

Cool taillight wiring harness placement

Hey guys, Ive forgotten and can't remember. How and where do the harness clips go on to the bottom of the light housing in trunk. I got them on a certain way but it just doesn't seem right. Does anybody have a pic of this, cause its easier to show than explain. Please help me clip these in the right way so I can move on to the next project on the car (New Grill). then I can getter back on the road when it warms up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EGORES TOY BOX

67 Rally Sport, DeepWater Blue
68 Coupe, Le Mans Blue
78 GrandPrix, Burgundy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 07, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
bruce

Cool Re: taillight wiring harness placement

anybody?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EGORES TOY BOX

68 Coupe, Le Mans Blue
78 GrandPrix, Burgundy
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 07, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
bruce

EGORES TOY BOX

68 Coupe, Le Mans Blue
78 GrandPrix, Burgundy

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 07, 06:53 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

Re: taillight wiring harness placement

OK, I just took a trip out to the garage to look at my virgin tail-lights. There are two clips per tail-light. There is a lip that looks to be part of the tailpanel that surround the bezel and rear tail-light housing assembly. The clips fasten to the flat part of the lower horizontal lip just before it curves upward (vertical). Each clip has a 'thumblatch', for lack of a better term, bent into them. This faces up. You're right, a picture would be easier than a description, but the digital camera is on the fritz at the moment. Hope this helps.

1967 Plain Jane Coupe - and proud of it!
Mountain Green w/Black Bumblebee
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 07, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
bruce

Thanks for the response , I think I have them in right but it just seems like the wires should be tucked under the housings better. If you clip them on backwards they tuck under real nice but the clips dont stay in place. I'll post pics later. I hate to be anal about this but I just want it to be right.

EGORES TOY BOX

68 Coupe, Le Mans Blue
78 GrandPrix, Burgundy
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 07, 06:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

Bruce, I just went out and took another look. My description is accurate for the driver's side tail-light, but not the passenger side. On the driver's side, the 'thumblatch' pieces are pointing up and they are oriented so they face the tail panel. On the passenger side tail-light, the clip closest to the center of the car is the same as the ones on the driver's side, but the second clip is mounted almost directly under the center mounting studs of the bezel housing rather than all the way on the far right. This one clips to the welded on tail-light housing guard. As a result, the thumblatch is still pointing up, but it is facing towards the trunk interior rather than the tail panel. My wiring is tucked up pretty tight below the tail-light housing and is also fairly close to the inside face of the tail panel.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 07, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
bruce

Thanks mark for sticking with me on this, I'll see how it looks when I redo them, I'll let you know what I think

EGORES TOY BOX

68 Coupe, Le Mans Blue
78 GrandPrix, Burgundy
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 07, 10:38 AM
Senior Tech
Call me Funk

Send a message via AIM to CFunK

Mark,

Got any pictures?

-Funk

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 07, 07:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

Funk, I don't have any pictures right now, but I guess it's time to go take some. Got a new battery for the digital camera last night and tomorrow's supposed to be sunny and somewhat mild. Snow is all but gone, so I don't mind backing the car out of the garage for better light. Next challenge after that is that I've not posted pictures to this site before. Worse comes to worst I can email them to you directly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode