1968 Camaro windshield wiper motor wiring - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 07, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

1968 Camaro windshield wiper motor wiring

I am converting a 1968 Camaro from a drag car to a pro street car for a young man that lives near me. I just finished rewiring it but I can not figure out the right combination for the three wires that hook to the windshield wiper motor. I have the wiring diagrams but they do not show the order the wires hook to the wiper motor. I do not have the common plug where all the wires join and hook up as a unit. I have a yellow wire and dark blue wire to a common female connector. A yellow wire and a light blue wire to a common female connector. And a black wire to a female connector. I have three spade or male connectors on the motor but I have no idea of the order that they attach. The wiper motor has not been used in some time and it was not wired when the car came to my shop. I would sure appreciate a little help. I thought if someone had a car like the one I am working on, they could look at their car and give me the order of the wires.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 07, 06:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Re: 1968 Camaro windshield wiper motor wiring

See if this thread helps.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...t=wiper+wiring

Dave

all gave some
MY SON GAVE ALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 07, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Re: 1968 Camaro windshield wiper motor wiring

I was able to figure this out using information from this board. The yellow wire goes to the top lug, next the light blue and the black on the bottom. The system works by switching on the ground side of the circuit. My switch is faulty and that made the whole troubleshooting process a lot harder. In addition I had misread the wiring diagram and I had the wires joined where they should not be joined. Thanks for all the help.

Sometimes it is the simple things that drives you nuts.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode