Which wires are these game - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 07, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Which wires are these game

I have looked at the assembly manual diagram and have a couple wires that I can not figure out. Under dash harness, all the way to the passenger side. Not a whole lot left over here. Two orange wires exit the harness in the same spot one for the cig lighter, and the other has been cut so there is no end on it. It has constant power. The other question is in the same area 2 longer wires together in an L connector orange and white. These are at the end of my harness. I have never needed any of these wires, but would like some clarification to what they are. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 07, 07:24 PM
Senior Tech
Andy

Re: Which wires are these game

Not knowing what year were talking about I would guess single orange wire is possibly glove box light and longer white and orange wire is pass. door dome lamp switch.

67 R/S convertible Nantucket blue deluxe interior orig.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 rs-ss coupe 565BB-400turbo streetcar/racer project 1.43 60ft 9.683 140.91

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 07, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

sorry 69

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 07, 08:22 PM
Senior Tech
bill

the hot all the time suggests it goes to the optional console. which goes to the lighter inside console.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 07, 08:56 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

orange is always the clock courtesy lighter circuit. It goes to the lighter, the power side of the dome and courtesy lights (lamps only, it doesn't go to the switches) and the optional clock and or glove box light.

White is always and only the "ground side" of the courtesy light circuit. It goes to all the courtesy lamps, and to the door switches.

You've kinda lost me on the L shaped connector on the passenger side of the car tho... A standard coupe would only have a white wire, and it would have a round pin connector on it. A vert, or a coupe with the optional under dash lights, would have this single white wire plus a buld socket with a white and an orange wire. The bulb socket is part of the harness.

The underdash lighting has an L shaped connector with an orange and a white wire, but it's on the driver side of the car!

The console, all consoles, have a large 2 row connector containing all the circuits used, including the courtesy light in the rear of the console.

I've never seen or heard of a firstgen camaro console with a lighter in it.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 07, 07:06 AM
Retired
Jim

Also, if it has a console from factory there would be a group of wires with a plug on it to power the various console elec. items, not just one wire. I wonder if his "L" is the cig. lighter end, mine is kinda 'L' shaped rubber round tip on the end. ?

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 07, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

There is a single white that does go to the passenger door jamb courtesy. The L connector is basically two flat blade connectors perpendicular to one another both in the same female type. Maybe it does belong on the driver side, except that it comes out of the harness after the cig lighter, and other orange cut wire.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 07, 06:14 PM
Senior Tech
bill

if theres no lighter in the console. can someone tell me what this hole in console is. first pic is under console. second is from the top view.with the console door open.it is beveled not clearly in pics tho.guy who i got it from said it was a original console and gave me it 5 years ago.he said there was a lighter there.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 07, 06:20 PM

if it goes to the drivers side, could it be a flasher socket???
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 07, 06:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Darn.... thoguht we had a winner, but the wiring diagrams say those wires are purple and brown.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 07, 06:34 PM

hazard flasher???lol...
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 07, 06:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

lmao.... you know that one plugs right into the fuseblock.,... or at least it does in 68-69

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 07, 06:54 PM
Senior Tech
bill

so what goes in the 67 console that i have?not many original consoles out there. now they finally got the repops out there which this isnt.the 67 camaro wiring diagrams i got dont show for console. guess it is a body fisher manuel will show it.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 07, 03:38 AM

i`m not much of a wiring nut, jim...lmao...but thats why i come to you with those questions...i went to school to be an electrician...even got 2 yrs in my apprenticeship...NOT FOR ME!!!rotflmao...
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 07, 04:20 PM
Senior Tech
bill

is this your connector but in female form to connect this 2? if it is it is a connector for the optional console with a courtest light in rear of console.as for the other wire i called ricks first gen today to comfirm there is a lighter inside the glove box. thats my hole in other pic to confirm that there is a lighter inside the console door. (you never see inside a console at a show)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode