Re-wiring horn - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 07, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Strick

Re-wiring horn

My Camaro came with an aftermarket horn. It was wired to a button beneath the dash. Someone ran a hot wire to the horn (upfront) and then a wire to the button under the dash and the attached a ground to the button. I just put in my new grant wheel, but did not hook up the horn. I have no idea which wires in the steering column harness I need to use. I don't even know if they are still contained within the column.

I will also include, there is a dark green wire on the grill side of the radiator housing that is not connected to anything - it is out of the main grill side harness. Also, there is a dark green wire (unconnected) from the horn relay that may be associated with the wire I mentioned before.

Has anyone had to start from scratch like this that can hold my hand through this? I am getting real close to having everything working on this car .

Thanks guys!

Strick
'67 'Vert (408" SBC), V-Rod, Street Glide, and too many other motorcycles to list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 07, 05:02 PM
Senior Tech
bill

Re: Re-wiring horn

i just went looked at my car. i got a 67 also. that green wire gets connected to the relay. which in turn goes to both horns to power them up.aka through the wiring harness. the horn in the steering column gives the relay ground for the horns to blow.the other 2 wires red and red with fusible links in there. that goes to relay come from battery power to the horn relay. other wire goes in car to power fuseblock. the black wire on relay goes to horn button in column. which grounds to make horns blow.if you want a wiring diagrams for 67 i got all them pm me and ill send you them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode