oer gauges ground wire without low fuel indicator - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 07, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
rob

Angry oer gauges ground wire without low fuel indicator

69 sb auto a/c

the only diagram I could dig up for the OER gauges shows the ground to the gauges housing goes through the low fuel warning harness which I am not using.
Since I didnt get any directions with the gauges I dont know where the ground terminal is that goes to the bottom metal of the gauges. This may sound dumb, but I want to make sure.
Right nder the two fuel terminals there is a nut on a threaded pin that looks like it could be the ground terminal for the OER gauges. Can anyone confirm this so I can rest easy lol. I dont have it it the car yet, just going through the motions before I put it in. Im talking about the ground wire that goes from the console gauge housing to the console harness. ( not the other Auto trans light ground wire on the console harness that goes to the hump near the shifter)

FWIW, I bought a factory fit harness. The connector between the console gauge harness and the extension harness was a nightmare to put together. The many, many pins were real sloppy and didnt fit right and I fought with it all night to get them to mate with a small screw driver and needle nose. Finally got it together but it was anything but factory fit.
One of the little side clips broke off in the struggle. I glued it together with porpatch and it seems ok now. It can now be put together and taken apart, but I was not happy about having to mess with it to get it to work correctly.

Last edited by firstrs; Oct 21st, 07 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 07, 08:26 AM
Retired
Jim

Re: oer gauges ground wire without low fuel indicator

rob does this help?

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 07, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
rob

Thumbs up Re: oer gauges ground wire without low fuel indicator

yes, thanks a lot. that confirms the lower terminal under the fuel connector is indeed the ground. It also helps if i ever decided to pony up for the low fuel warning set up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode