what kind of pin connector - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 07, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation what kind of pin connector

I have a 67 rs/ss the two bundles of wires going thru the drivers side firewall (to the fuse box on the other side) the two bundles clip in to a connector on the engine bay side of the fire wall. on of the terminal inside broke. what type of connector (pin) is is and where can i get them its for each wire that goes into the connector i broke one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 07, 04:49 AM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to undee72Z
Re: what kind of pin connector

They are called twinlock connectors. Heres some more info on them http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148099

Greg U

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 07, 10:26 AM
Senior Tech

I thought the twin-lock connectors were the type used on the console and other places. Aren't the twin-lock the identical mating style? The fuse block connectors (which I think you are describing) are known as "Packard" connectors. There is a male and a female and they usually have P.E.D. stamped on them. I have purchased them from a local hardware supplier called "capitol nut and bolt". I have also found small packages at common autoparts stores like Oreilly and Autozone.

Dave
========================
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 07, 01:52 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnult View Post
I thought the twin-lock connectors were the type used on the console and other places. Aren't the twin-lock the identical mating style?
Yes. 67 and earlier used them on everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnult View Post
The fuse block connectors (which I think you are describing) are known as "Packard" connectors. There is a male and a female and they usually have P.E.D. stamped on them.
There are Packard 56 series terminals. They are used on 68 and up on just about everything. Some wiring (like consoles) used the twinlock.

Greg U

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 07, 02:49 PM
Senior Tech

In the words of Mike Myers..."I was not aware of that". Thanks Greg.

Dave
========================
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 07, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

ok im confused.. which do i need to replact my broken one. my camaro wants to go for a ride and its stuck in the garage!! the type undeez72 showed me looks correct
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 07, 09:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

now this is the best I've ever seen or heard on the "unobtainium" twin lock connectors. This post is in the basics sticky as of now.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 07, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

ok i have now driven all over Lafayette, La trying to find these...no luck. any one know where else to get them from i really dont need 200 of them. Or anyone that already rewired thier car have the old connector I could salvage. Maybe I am calling this by the wrong thing. I have been given three different names of it here, what chould I be calling them..
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 07, 10:42 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

From what has been posted here and at Team Chevelle, you're looking for the infamous "twin lock packard connector."

If you could post s picture, that would certainly let me and other confirm this.

As far as finding less than a hundred of them, perhaps someone reading this will have some for you.
Perhaps a post at the linked Team Chevelle thread would as well.
Perhaps a PM to the person in the Team Chevelle thread who posted that they bought a box would bring a couple your way fairly soon?

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 07, 03:48 AM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
Perhaps a PM to the person in the Team Chevelle thread who posted that they bought a box would bring a couple your way fairly soon?
A member here (Amptech) said he bought 2 boxes, try him.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65254

Greg U

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 07, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Cool Re: what kind of pin connector

I contacted American auto wire. I was adivsed that they are called twinlock connectors, they are not however the 56 series the last year they used the twinlock was on the 67' he said he culd not sell me any and just told me he got them from a manufacturer who did not sell in small numbers. he did tell me that they were widely used thru the camaro for other electrical connections though. IF ANYONE HAS ONE I NEED ONE PLEASE!!!! Even one i could salvage off an old connection would be good!!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old May 18th, 08, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
From what has been posted here and at Team Chevelle, you're looking for the infamous "twin lock packard connector."

If you could post s picture, that would certainly let me and other confirm this.

As far as finding less than a hundred of them, perhaps someone reading this will have some for you.
Perhaps a post at the linked Team Chevelle thread would as well.
I found the terminals... Mouser.com PN 829-02973915... $16 for 25 plus shipping.
Use with Leisle removal tool #56500

This was very hard to find...
427-4
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 09, 07:39 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Part Number 2973915 is for 20/18 gauge wire.

I think Part Number 2973917 is for 12 gauge wire, but no one seems to be able to find it.

At keefeperformance.com/misc_delphi.html they sell part number 6288953 for 12 gauge wire. This Twin Lock terminal is a little too wide but it is very easy to file to the correct width.

Dave H.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode