Painless Wiring Kit... - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 07, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scott

Angry Painless Wiring Kit...

I bought the Painless Wiring Kit for my 1967 Camaro thinking it would be....painless....ha...well i am sad to see that there is just a bunch of instructions that dont seem to pertain specifically to the 67 camaro. Also, what should i do with all the extra things that have wires like, the electric fan, electric fuel pump...etc. all the things that didnt come with a stock 67 camaro...should i just cut the wires and cap them or is there a way to remove them from the blukheadconnector? really..any tips/tricks/adivce on this system would be great! thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 07, 04:58 PM
Banned
Ron

Re: Painless Wiring Kit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MH View Post
I bought the Painless Wiring Kit for my 1967 Camaro thinking it would be....painless....ha...well i am sad to see that there is just a bunch of instructions that dont seem to pertain specifically to the 67 camaro. Also, what should i do with all the extra things that have wires like, the electric fan, electric fuel pump...etc. all the things that didnt come with a stock 67 camaro...should i just cut the wires and cap them or is there a way to remove them from the blukheadconnector? really..any tips/tricks/adivce on this system would be great! thanks!

You forgot to mention the wire for your third brake light along with your air conditioner!.....I just cut the wires and left about 3 inches exposed out of the tape wrapping just in case I wanted to install that ever so needed 3rd brake light, yeah right!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 07, 05:07 PM
Senior Tech
Andy

Quick! Sell it on e-bay and buy a American Autowire harness! Thats what I did after reading the instructions and realizing how many things (sockets/plugs etc) were missing. I have AAW harnesses in both my cars.The vert has factory fit and the hot rod has the classic update kit both of them were very easy to do. And thats coming from someone who had never wired a car!
http://www.americanautowire.com/Amer...-482-WIRE.html

67 R/S convertible Nantucket blue deluxe interior orig.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 rs-ss coupe 565BB-400turbo streetcar/racer project 1.43 60ft 9.683 140.91

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 07, 11:39 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x67rs/ss View Post
Quick! Sell it on e-bay and buy a American Autowire harness! Thats what I did after reading the instructions and realizing how many things (sockets/plugs etc) were missing. I have AAW harnesses in both my cars.The vert has factory fit and the hot rod has the classic update kit both of them were very easy to do. And thats coming from someone who had never wired a car!
http://www.americanautowire.com/Amer...-482-WIRE.html

That's the best advice you'll get. Return it if you can, sell it if you can. Did you search Painless here? Not a lot of good things to say about that kit...

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 07, 06:35 AM
Senior Tech
frank

I bought an American... piece of cake. One of the best pieces of advice from this board yet.

67 Camaro RS - 383 Stroker
Factory A/C - Muncie 4 speed
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 07, 06:38 AM
Senior Tech
Rico

I will galdly take it off your hands for the right price.
Translation $150.00
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 07, 10:04 AM
Senior Tech

I did the same thing. I bought a Painless harness years ago for my Camaro. When I started selling AAW stuff and saw how much better it was, I sold the Painless kit on ebay and bought AAW for my car. Now it is the only thing I install.

Mike
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 07, 10:12 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

I wish I searched this before. My painless kit is almost done. It is farrrrrr from painless. My buddy that did it is considered a master mechanic and he did not find it easy. Many factory plugs are not the same. They should specify how generic this kit is, or make a kit for a Camaro. I would think there is enough of a demand.

1969 original SS in family since 1971.350/330 crate w/ comp 270 roller cam,2004R,355 12 Bolt posi,P/S P/FTD Brakes P/W P/TOP Orig A/C car but removed.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 07, 12:57 PM
Banned
Ron

Scotty, call Painless Wirings tech line if you have any problems with the installation.....I remember I had to call to clarify the correct wiring for the ignition switch and make sure you use the correct wire to power up your voltage regulator because, at least on my kit, this wire looked the same size and color (brown) as for the parking lights and I had them switched!.....I always wondered why my right parking light came on when I turned on the ignition switch!!.....And also you'll need to re-use your ground wires as the kit only includes the ground wires for the headlights!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 07, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scott

yeah...all this sucks beacuse ive already begun my installation and i am nearly done with the engine compartment and about to start on the inside....LAME
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 07, 05:15 PM
Banned
Ron

The engine, front and rear lighting were a piece of cake!.....The interior however is another (horror) story!.....No, it's really not that bad!.....I think you'll be glad when you're finished!.....Have a couple of these when you're done, you'll be glad you did!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 07, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scott

hey guys i am knee deep in my wiring and i ran into a small problem...i bought the painless wiring harness for the electric headlight doors on my 67 rs well...i am looking at my headlight switcdh connector that painless provides and i dont know how to run the new wires from the headlight door harness to my painless headlight switch connector under the dash...anyone know what wires is supposed to go where?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode