interior bulbs are dim - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 07, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Patrick

interior bulbs are dim

I cannot hardly see my guages at night. The bulbs are very dim. Do yall know of a good bulb that will shine brighter for my console guages?

69RS/SS,383,10:1cr,4.10,60ft1.6sec,1/[email protected],1/[email protected],Vicjr,RPMheads,750dp, Proform main body, cam,246*-250*@.050,.510,522,1.6rr,700r4,3200stall
383 IS SOLD!
Building a 489BBC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 07, 09:22 PM
Team Member
Mark

Re: interior bulbs are dim

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I cannot hardly see my guages at night. The bulbs are very dim. Do yall know of a good bulb that will shine brighter for my console guages?
Take a look at the site below. They have LED's in different colors that fit older camaros that will brighten up your dash and console gauges.

www.whitegauges.net
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 07, 11:33 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

OK Patrick, I've been lurking long enough. I recall ground wires from the bulb sockets paired together on the gauge frames under the gauge cover of the console. Maybe there's a bad/corroded terminal. Maybe the bulbs/sockets need a cleaning too. That's a little more work. The sockets are tough to service. (hard to reach)

One owner 69 Camaro,(yep, bought it new
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
RS SS Hugger Orange, L88, 4:10's tru-tack posi, ducted hood, Endura, spoilers.
TH400 (CX) with Coan 8" converter, GV-OD, 8 track still on console and best et 10.495,
128.79mph 1.428 60'
All with 1960's stuff. (except tires and converter)
+ MT Super Scavenger headers & 3" full exhaust with X pipe. 3700 lbs. with me in it.
1000cfm AED and HD Harold-Lunati SR, 725 lift with shaft rockers too.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 07, 12:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harley

Send a message via Yahoo to wiskeesour

bad ground or a rusted rheostat in the switch...

AE2(AW) Harley Moody, USNavy
"Master-at-Arms" for the CDWJB!!
November 26th, 2008 was my last day to serve my country as a member of the World's Greatest Navy.
Thanks Chief.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 07, 06:54 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

If these are the bayonet base 194 bulbs, they are 4 watt bulbs. A 7 watt bulb exists that will fit in that socket. I use them, they are MUCH brighter than the stock bulbs. Been using them for years with no ill effects at all. Don't remember the part #, but your autoparts store will have them.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 07, 07:26 AM
Senior Tech
Jon

168 bulbs are brighter than 194 bulbs and are the same size. They also draw more juice and produce more heat. You might want to check out some bright LED bulbs too.

Jon N

The only reason someone would want insurance is if they want to pay someone elses bills or want someone else to pay their bills.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 07, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyno jonn View Post
168 bulbs are brighter than 194 bulbs and are the same size. They also draw more juice and produce more heat. You might want to check out some bright LED bulbs too.
Just got back from the parts store, I asked them for the 168's and they are the push in style (flat ends). Mine push in and turn (round bottom with one contact point). They could not tell me if they had any brighter than the ones that came out of my car.
I'm deffinately looking at those LED's...................If I didn't say earlier, I'm talking about my CONSOLE bulbs.

69RS/SS,383,10:1cr,4.10,60ft1.6sec,1/[email protected],1/[email protected],Vicjr,RPMheads,750dp, Proform main body, cam,246*-250*@.050,.510,522,1.6rr,700r4,3200stall
383 IS SOLD!
Building a 489BBC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode