Radio antenna mount... - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 07, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jason

Radio antenna mount...

Moderator: If this isn't the right place to post questions about radio antenna's, please let me know which one this fits better for and I will move it there.

Below are pics of my AM antenna cable, and the funny (I guess original) fitting that is left on it. Which parts do I need to get myself a finished and correct antenna for my 67. This is a front, passenger mount job.

By the looks of this cable, do you all think I need to replace this cable too? It looks kinda weathered. My AM radio doesn't work anyway, my goal at the moment is just to plug this gaping hole with a correct looking antenna.

I will cross the bridge of actually having a working radio later.

Thanks!

PS. If anyone has correct parts for this, I have placed an ad in the TC classifieds for this. PLS Email me. Shipping to Hawaii was $40 because they (Ricks) won't use USPS. Vice $8.95 with USPS. Would therefore love to get a solution 3rd party. Mahalo!

Plain Jane 67 w/ Original 327/210.
Mods: 3spd Saginaw now a PowerGlide. 2bbl Rochester now a Holley 4bbl (4160). Hardened Valve Seats. 133k Miles. Everything else is original. Family car since 1968!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 07, 06:14 AM
Senior Tech

Re: Radio antenna mount...

I'm a DIY'r and often will try and salvage stuff like that if I can. If the cable is good (i.e. hasn't gotten water in it, been kinked, etc.) I'd try to brighten up the connection down inside. I'd also dope it with dielectric grease to prevent corrosion later on. BUT, if it doesn't look superb when you're done replace it. The rust on the toggle isn't a problem. The antenna is one of those things you hope not to have to work on more than once. Also, once it's all assembled, measure between ground and the shield connection (on the radio end). You should have continuity, but may not since it looks like you've got fresh paint there. If the toggle doesn't bite into the metal and find ground, your radio reception will suffer.

Dave
========================
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode