Clutch safety switch? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 08, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Clutch safety switch?

I've been without a "Start safety" device since pulling the powerglide for a muncie many years ago, and I think it's time to put one back in.

I'm thinking a clutch switch from a 69 would be best.

Could someome scan and post or email that page out of the 69 AIM?

Are all the parts and pieces reproduced?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

Last edited by JimM; Jan 27th, 08 at 05:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 08, 05:55 PM
Team Member
Steve

Garage
Re: Clutch safety switch?

The neutral safety switch on the TKO is what I plan for. Sometimes i like to start the car without pushing in the clutch. There's a thread on here somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.

Steve
1968 that started life and a 6 banger with a PG. Now it's a 350 with a TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Speedtech LCA/UCA, ATS Tall Spindles, Hotchkis Springs, Forgeline ZX3P, C5 (Kore3) brakes with other cool stuff from Ron Davis, Vintage Air and soon to be Terminator EFI.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 08, 06:05 PM
Senior Tech
jerry

I need one too so I saved these pics for reference, I believe these to to be from a 69 someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 08, 06:29 PM

Yes that is the one for the 69....
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 08, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Great pictures, Jerry, thanks.

That was the good news. The bad... My 68 clutch pedal doesn't have the second hole (easy to fix) and my 68 pedal support has no holes to mount the switch it. This last could be tough.

Maybe I'll go back to using the switch in the tko for neutral.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 08, 06:55 PM
Senior Tech

I have an extra 69 bracket here to make a template from if you need it. There are two holes that tangs on the switch fit in, and one at the 12:00 position on the photo above that gets a short self-tapping screw. Probably be tough to drill with it in the car, but I think you could do it with a right angle drill.

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 08, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I dunno Eric, I don't own a right angle drill small enough to get in there, it's pretty tight. My eye's are allergic to metal filings, too.

How hard is it to get that bad boy out of there?
Column will be at least loose, dash cluster will be out, I gotta replace the pedal bushings anyway... My brake rod would unfortunately be VERY unpleasant to remove, the clevis is backwards, and my rod is part of the wilwood master.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 08, 08:28 PM
Senior Tech

The master cylinder would have to come off and be hanging in the engine bay. It's a lot of disassembly for sure just to put a clutch switch in.

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 08, 09:11 PM
Team Member
Steve

Garage

Where's my Easy button from Staples....
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...+neutral+relay

Steve
1968 that started life and a 6 banger with a PG. Now it's a 350 with a TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Speedtech LCA/UCA, ATS Tall Spindles, Hotchkis Springs, Forgeline ZX3P, C5 (Kore3) brakes with other cool stuff from Ron Davis, Vintage Air and soon to be Terminator EFI.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 08, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

But, if add the neutral safety switch, you won't be able to use remote start unless you tie into the purple wire going to the solenoid and leave trans in neutral.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 08, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I'm debating Steve. My TKO is an older one, and there's just a plug where that switch should be.

TKO guy's, can I just plug that thing in?
It goes at the very back of the shift rail, on the drivers side right?
What would it take to get a switch?

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 08, 04:56 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

Jim, you're gonna race that beauty, right? When I teched-in last season, a safety switch is the first thing they checked. (Can't help you, TH400.)

One owner 69 Camaro,(yep, bought it new
)
RS SS Hugger Orange, L88, 4:10's tru-tack posi, ducted hood, Endura, spoilers.
TH400 (CX) with Coan 8" converter, GV-OD, 8 track still on console and best et 10.495,
128.79mph 1.428 60'
All with 1960's stuff. (except tires and converter)
+ MT Super Scavenger headers & 3" full exhaust with X pipe. 3700 lbs. with me in it.
1000cfm AED and HD Harold-Lunati SR, 725 lift with shaft rockers too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode