67 RS/SS Headlamps? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bryan Urbuteit

67 RS/SS Headlamps?

My headlamp door will not open when I turn on the lights. I have ckecked the connections at the switch and at the headlight and door will still not open.
Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 02:40 PM

Re: 67 RS/SS Headlamps?

I just fixed my 67 rs headlightes today. When I changed my voltage regulator I lost a ground that was coming out of the wiring harness that was landed on the bolt holding the regulator on. It is behind the headlight so you cant see it. Follow the wiring harness at the regulator where it goes in behind the headlight. I reached in there and pulled out a wire with a ring terminal on it. I grounded it and they work perfectly and my drivers side headlight is not dim anymore. Go to electrical and wiring and look at 67 rs wiring nightmare that is my post and I got some great suggestions. There is a web site that has wiring diagrams and troubleshooting guide for the rs. Amazing what a bad ground can do!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 05:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Lane

Drop the relay "panel" from the fender and check the circuit breaker that protects against overcurrent and melting the harness (or suppose to anyway). Small silver can 1/2 by 1 or so...

That is likely the culprit if no power to motors at lights.

If it is burned be cautious after repalcing it when restarting the system as you may still have a stuck door or issue that can melt wiring insulation.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 08, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bryan Urbuteit

Thanks for the info,I will check it out. I will let you know the outcome.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 08, 05:57 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Check this site http://www.gvtc.com/~rlaa/. I used the 67-69 RS console wiring diagram to trouble shoot my headlight problems.

67 Vert RS/SS 350 4 SP
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 08, 08:08 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

You may want to check out the link below. There is a lot of info on one page.

http://www.retro-electro.net/FAQ.html

Roger

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 08, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bryan Urbuteit

Hey Everyone
Thanks for all your help in fixing my headlamp door issue. I went to the web site with the electrical scamatic and looking at this helped me in tracing the wire from the switch to the door. I had power all the way to the electrical motor plug but no further, conclustion car needs new door motor. I ordered part Thursday 03-20-08 from Natl Parts Depot in Ocala Fl. It arrived Monday afternoon 03-24-2008 from UPS. for only $111.84. Not bad for Easter weekend delivery. it took me an hour and a half to install and re-align headlamp and now it works better than new. Actully the door opens and closes faster and the Manufacture says it will last longer than the original. (sic) 41 years? The new motor is half the size of the original but fit right into place. Took for a test drive out to the beach and even had a Sheriff follow me for a couple of miles ....I must be ok, he didnt stop me. Again thanks for alll your help and I will definatly be back in the future to talk shop.
Pirate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode