Heater Resistor Plug - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 08, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Len Barron

Heater Resistor Plug

Grooming some wiring under the dash and found the heater resistor plug/wiring hanging back there. I looked all over my heater box for the connection and just plain couldn't locate where it goes..?
Any clues?

Len
67 SS-350 Convert.
406/200r4/12b 3.73's Truetrac

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 08, 02:43 PM
Senior Tech
Tony

Re: Heater Resistor Plug

What year? A/C?

My 67 W/O A/C is on top of the suit case inside just to the passenger side from center. If you cannot find the 3 prong conector it is probably broken off of the fiberboard and fallen inside the suitcase as mine had done.

Tony:
67 RS Clone, 388 SBC/Keisler TKO 600/12 bolt, 3.90 gear w/posi and a 250 shot of N2O for fun. See my progress at: password is camaro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 08, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Len Barron

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoxlr8 View Post
What year? A/C?

My 67 W/O A/C is on top of the suit case inside just to the passenger side from center. If you cannot find the 3 prong connector it is probably broken off of the fiberboard and fallen inside the suitcase as mine had done.
I guess that would be the unidentified hole on top of my heater box with no apparent purpose. I don't think I'm gonna go fishing for that, just tie-wrap those wires outta the way. Thanks for info.

Len
67 SS-350 Convert.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 08, 12:38 PM
Senior Tech

Should be located in the heater or AC box just upstream from the blower. The resistor gets hot and the blower keeps it cool. That's pretty generic advice I know but represents the thought process I'd use to find it.

Dave
========================
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 08, 06:44 PM
Senior Tech
Dale

Send a message via AIM to Dale8346

Len,

If you have factory air that connection does nothing.
If you don't, what Tony is telling you above is correct.
If you do not have factory air, that connection is to connect to the resistor at the heat box.
If your heat box has the resistor hole and you have factory air there were some changes made to your car. If that is the case, send me a private message and we can talk and I will be able to tell you what is up. A change was made: like a new wire harness was added, or someone changed to factory air (your cowl tag will clarify this) or your box was changed. Most likely not the latter.

How long have you had the car?

If you do not have factory air you have your answer. If you have factory air, I have lots of questions.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 08, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Len Barron

No factory air, so it sounds like it just dropped down inside, I found the hole on top of the heater box. From what I gather it won't keep the heater from working so I'm not gonna get too worried about it (being in SoCal has it's benefits)being a spot on install.

Len
67 SS-350 Convert.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 08, 08:00 AM
Senior Tech
Tony

You can get the Blower Motor resistor from any dealership (they are still carried and produced by A/C Delco) I got mine from a local dealership that cost me $9.00. Then just get 2 sheetmetal screws and connect the harness connector and drop it into the hole and screw it into place.
It does control the speed of the blower motor when used.

Tony:
67 RS Clone, 388 SBC/Keisler TKO 600/12 bolt, 3.90 gear w/posi and a 250 shot of N2O for fun. See my progress at: password is camaro

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 08, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Len Barron

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoxlr8 View Post
You can get the Blower Motor resistor from any dealership (they are still carried and produced by A/C Delco) I got mine from a local dealership that cost me $9.00. Then just get 2 sheetmetal screws and connect the harness connector and drop it into the hole and screw it into place.
It does control the speed of the blower motor when used.
Tony,
Thanks for the info, I'll look into that next summer when I take on the interior upgrade project.

Len
67 SS-350 Convert.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode