Which Harness do I buy? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

Send a message via AIM to John510
Which Harness do I buy?

OK so Im finally getting ready to buy my wire harness. I was planning on getting the American Autowire (classic update series)but now I dont need their engine harness. Engine harness will most likely be a Speartech for my LS1.

Question is will the Speartech plug into the AAW classic update or should I just get a Hwy 22 kit or something and customize it? If I dont have to pay 500$ for the whole harness then I would rather buy a different one.

Hmm hopefully that made sense.

Dash will be autometer and Vintage Air.

"Bloodline" 68 Camaro TT LS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 11:47 AM
Senior Tech

Re: Which Harness do I buy?

John -

Best bet would be to call AAW and talk to Don Bock. 800-482-WIRE, and use 9 to dial by name. Or email

[email protected]

Donny is running AAW's R&D now, and may be working on this kind of thing. Tell him I said hi!

If you want the fuse box in the OE location, and want to route the rest of the harnesses like OE, the more universal kits aren't going to be what you want, but maybe Don will have some ideas. The Update does have some of the wiring needed for an ECM controlled engine, but looking at what an LS motor needs, the Update probably doesn't have enough.

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 11:49 AM
Senior Tech
Frank

Re: Which Harness do I buy?

The Engine harness on the Classic Update is only going to give you key on, Start (which you will still need), and a power wire to the coil / ditributor, that you will now use to your ECM. Do the Classic Update, it fits in your stock fuse mounting. The HWY 22 is a awesome system, and I have used them on hidden wire projects. But the fuse box is bulky and hard to hide. And you WILL create every single circuit where at least with the Classic Update, you will have some of it done for you and all the correct connectors.

I have both in stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode