Cruise Control ( parts & wiring ) - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 08, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Bob

Cruise Control ( parts & wiring )

I have 67 that I have had for some 38 years and now have decided to restore it. I bought it in 1970 , raced it for three years (auto-cross) then I put it in storage and there is where it has been ever since.
This particular car has the correct hole placements on the firewall and left wheel well cover indicated in the 67 Assembly manual K30 A2 page 271. I would like to put the car back to as original as possible because it has a good option package (will be adding others).
To any member that has a 67,68 with cruise control. Could you please verify the color of the two wires on the regulator? The 67 Chassis Service Manual shows them to be black and blue (accessories 15-8, Fig.9). The 69 CSM shows them to be white and brown/white stripe (accessories 15-8, Fig.10).
Bob C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 08, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Bob

Re: Cruise Control ( parts & wiring )

Additional info.
I am talking about a factory installed RPO K30 cruise control that was installed in some 300-350 67,68 camaros.
For those of you that have never seen a factory cruise control on a camaro, look at Chevrolet Camaro (Muscle car Tech) by William Burt chapter 1 page 21 and 23(very rare indeed).
I would also like to know if anyone has any parts or knows of any salvage yards that would have any of these parts. I know there are no camaros in salvage yards but the full size Chevy uses some of the same parts (servo, rgulater.etc.).
Any info. would be appreciated.
Bob C
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 08, 10:58 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

IIRC - the wiring changes colors at the underdash connector ...
The wiring for the control switch on the turn lever is blue-brown-black - the wiring to the transducer is brown w/white-white.
The control switch wiring goes as follows;
* blue = brown w/white (to transducer)
* brown = red (to brake switch)
* black = white (to transducer)

Many of the GM products shared the same cruise-control parts.
Stuff like brackets for a giving engine type vary widely, but the major components are usually the same depending on year.

I owned a 67 coupe with cruise many years ago and liked using it on trips

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 08, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Bob

John, thanks for the reply
The reason I requested the verification is there is a discrepancy in the 67 Chassis Service Manual. The 67 CSM shows black and blue. The 69 CSM shows white and brown/white. I wonder what the 68 CSM shows
I have ordered the harness 2x from American Auto Wire and keep getting the white and brown/white, they insist that this is the correct wiring and colors for the 67.
Thanks again for the info.
Bob C
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 08, 06:53 AM
Senior Tech

I haven't really sorted through my parts yet but I picked up a complete cruise assembly less the brake pedal vacuum switch off epay a couple of years ago.
It was listed as from a 68 pickup and has the correct turn signal used on the 67 Camaro but the transducer and servo brackets are different. As far as the wiring: transducer= Brown/W & white, brake switch= red & red, turn signal switch= brown,blue,black that changes to red, brown/w, white at the connector.

Ron
The ď
Ē
An exercise in interchangeability on a Well optioned 67 SS 350 vert.

Last edited by Geezer; May 3rd, 08 at 09:26 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 4th, 08, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Bob

Ron thanks for the reply.
Looks like the 67 CSM is incorrect.
If you decide not to use your cruise set up I would be interested, keep me in mind.
Thanks again.
BOB C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode