67 under dash courtesy light harness - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 08, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mitch

Question 67 under dash courtesy light harness

I just bought the complete "kit" to add/replace the under dash lights. I assumed the harness plugged into the fuse block, but it is obvious it doesn't go there. I have the reproduction harness and plug as original. Where does it plug in ??

...38 Chev coupe, street rod
...54 Chev 210 coupe
...62 Impala SS, driver/project
...67 Camaro, ss/rs LA built driver/project
...66 Chevelle SS, Atlanta built 138 driver/project
...69 C10, cab and clip may end up on the '89 rollback
...70 Chevelle SS, Canadian documented Z25 project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 08, 06:00 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: 67 under dash courtesy light harness

On my convertible, it plugs into a small harness connector just above the ebrake, I think it might be the same harness connector that a coupe feeds to the roof courtesy light. Not quite sure how that would work on a coupe tho. Coupe and vert dash harness are the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 08, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
On my convertible, it plugs into a small harness connector just above the ebrake, I think it might be the same harness connector that a coupe feeds to the roof courtesy light. Not quite sure how that would work on a coupe tho. Coupe and vert dash harness are the same.
Yeah, I was looking under there for a plug, but all the wires seem to be behind the kick panel. I'm not really in the mood to remove the ebrake to remove the kick panel tonight. I was hoping for an "easy" plug and play.........

...54 Chev 210 coupe

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 08, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mitch

I was able to get the kick panel loose enough to look behind it and the only wire back there is the white one for the switch. Hmmmmm, I wonder where the plug is ?? I can't see an Orange and White plug loose while laying on the floor looking up.

...54 Chev 210 coupe
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 08, 08:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD88IROC View Post
I was able to get the kick panel loose enough to look behind it and the only wire back there is the white one for the switch. Hmmmmm, I wonder where the plug is ?? I can't see an Orange and White plug loose while laying on the floor looking up.
I just installed on of these in my 67. The socket was behind the drivers kick panel at about the height of the top of the kick panel. It was factory taped to a wire bundle. I think it has a white and an orange wire on it. It wasn't easy to see although it was right there in front of me. It makes a huge difference when you get this working!

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 08, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose RS View Post
I just installed on of these in my 67. The socket was behind the drivers kick panel at about the height of the top of the kick panel. It was factory taped to a wire bundle. I think it has a white and an orange wire on it. It wasn't easy to see although it was right there in front of me. It makes a huge difference when you get this working!
Thanks Tom, I guess I need to remove the kick panel. I couldn't see up that high with it just loose. I can't get the top screw out of the panel until I remove the e-brake...
Yeah, I have the deluxe interior with just the 2 lights back in the quarter panels and the front is really dark !!

...54 Chev 210 coupe
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 08, 08:57 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD88IROC View Post
Thanks Tom, I guess I need to remove the kick panel. I couldn't see up that high with it just loose. I can't get the top screw out of the panel until I remove the e-brake...
Yeah, I have the deluxe interior with just the 2 lights back in the quarter panels and the front is really dark !!

I agree. It's really tough to find your cell, etc., on the floor with no lights down there!

I think I was able to just take out one of the ebrake bolts and push it toward the center of the car to gain enough room to plug in the harness, but I definitely did not have to take the kick panel completely out. Of course, yours may not be exactly the same. Good luck!

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 08, 09:59 AM
Senior Tech
Charlie

I don't know what I would do without my courtesy lights in the front. I am thinking of adding the ones in the rear sail panels. Do they make a "KIT" for them as well?

Charlie Knudsen 67 Camaro RS/SS 350 TKO 600, 4.10's, AFR 195 Street Heads, Comp 270H, Rhoads Lifters, Crane Ignition, Pertronix Dizzy, Performer RPM Q-Jet, Heavily Modified Q-Jet, Hooker Comp Headers, MagnaFlow 2 1/2", 144 Decibles(Alpine CDA-7998 Head Unit, RF X7 and RF 750X Amps, MB Quart Mid's & High's, Kicker L7 12" Solo Barics)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 08, 01:24 PM
Senior Tech
Dale

Send a message via AIM to Dale8346

Yes, you can buy the sail panel lights easily. And you can buy everything. I don't know if they sell a kit, but all that you need is the small (but long) wire harness and the bezel, lense and bulb.

Also, you do not need to remove the kick panel to disconnect or connect the "under dash" lights. It is right their at the top towards the back (to back of car) of the kick panel. But, you will probably have to remove it since you have not done it before. After you remove it, then you will get it. Sometimes we just have to do it the hard way.

I don't actually ever see it. I just feel for it, hold it up and put the light harness into it. I guess it is possible that yours has fallen down out of reach, but that is not normal.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 08, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose RS View Post
I think I was able to just take out one of the ebrake bolts and push it toward the center of the car to gain enough room to plug in the harness, but I definitely did not have to take the kick panel completely out. Of course, yours may not be exactly the same. Good luck!
I found it ....... did exactly as you said and there was the plug. Still a little hard to get my hand in there, but I did it. I now have front floor lights.....

Thanks to all who replied. I would've removed the kick panel for nothing.

...54 Chev 210 coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode