Re: Minimum wiring to start car?
It's really simple...
- connect positive battery cable to the big terminal on the starter solenoid
- wire with a switch in the middle between posivite battery terminal and starter solenoid S terminal. This is your START switch.
- wire with a switch in the middle between positive battery terminal and a ballast resistor. This is your RUN switch.
- wire from the other end of the ballast resistor to the + terminal of the coil
- wire from the - terminal of the coil to the points in the distributor
- make sure both switches are OFF
- connect negative battery cable to the engine block
Flip the RUN switch to on, then flip the START switch for a few seconds to run the starter.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- LS1, T56, Hooker longtubes, Autokraft pan & mounts, GM LS7 clutch, Borla ProXS, Moser/Strange/Wilwood 9", Covans dash, UltraLite IIs, Procar Elites, Vintage Air GEN-IV, AGR 12:1 steering, Addco swaybars, Hydratech hydroboost