Turn Signals, reverse lights no power? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 08, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Turn Signals, reverse lights no power?

I have a problem here with my turn signals. I narrowed it down to no power to my flasher from the pink wire. AT first I thought it was a no brainer and the fuse was blown but the fuse is good with power on both sides. I made up a 12v+ jumper wire and connected it to the terminal on the flasher that the pink wires connects to and plugged the plug in 180 degrees out so just the purple wire was connected....well guess what.blink, blink blink.....my question is Does the pink wire that leaves the fuse block for the flasher make any stops before it hits the flasher? Does it go to the ignition switch before the fuse block or after the fuse block? I think it goes through the ignition switch first and then the fuse box. If this is correct and the fuse has power on both sides, and the wire goes directly from the fuse box to the flasher then the problem has to be in the wire. Can somone shed any light to my theory here as I have no complete wire schematics for the car....thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 08, 08:23 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dennis

Re: Turn Signals, reverse lights no power?

Joey,

If you look at the top of this forum you will see a catagory call "Electrical Basics" All the diagrams you need are in there. Send Jim an email (click on his name) and he will send you the password to get into it.

It looks like the pink wire goes directly from fuse box to flasher and a thicker pink wire goes to the back up switch. Purple wires coming out of flasher then go to turn signal assy. Did you check voltage at flasher plug on pink wire?

Dennis
69 Z/28. 302DZ, Autogear M22, Red w/black stripes.
69 Camaro, ZZ4, 700R4, 8.5 3:42 posi, X11
70 Nova SS 396, 4sp, 3:55 12 bolt

Last edited by madmax87; Oct 26th, 08 at 08:42 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 08, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Re: Turn Signals, reverse lights no power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax87 View Post
Joey,

If you look at the top of this forum you will see a catagory call "Electrical Basics" All the diagrams you need are in there. Send Jim an email (click on his name) and he will send you the password to get into it.

It looks like the pink wire goes directly from fuse box to flasher and a thicker pink wire goes to the back up switch. Purple wires coming out of flasher then go to turn signal assy. Did you check voltage at flasher plug on pink wire?
Yes I have the password and looked at all the diagrams....these are nice but they are also "simplified drawings." By those drawings, yes, it does look like the thicker pink (smaller 20 gauge goes to the reverse light switch) goes directly to it but I am just double checking because the wiring looks untouched and there is power at the fuse but nothing at the pink wire at the flasher which answers your last question which is also my first statement in my original post....thanks....anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode