67 washer pump - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 08, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Angry 67 washer pump

i need to know on a 67 camaro washer pump how does the arm that sits on the plastic cog stay down on the plastic cog.does the coil that sits under the arm magnetize & pull the arm down on plastic cog & hold it there.i can get it to stay down with no power on wiper motor but if i move the plastic cog it flies up & if i push it back down & turn the cog a little while holding the arm down it will stay till i move the cog a very small amount. i was thinking that maybe the electric made the arm stay down.if you take the black cover off the arm flies up.does the arm supposed to have a spring on it.i took the pump off to paint it & when i took cover off the arm flew backwards,didn't see no springs fly out the arm that flew up rides on top of the plastic cog that operates pump,it does have a spring on it.i hope someone here knows what arm on pump I'm talking about.i haven't got my car back together yet.I'm trying to paint & blast all the small stuff before i get my car back from paint.it looks like something has to magnetize the arm or a spring to hold it down on cog.i want to thank all of you guys who have helped me in the past & also to anyone who helps me in the future.don't really know if i posted in right forum if not feel free to move post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 08, 04:15 PM
Senior Tech
Dale

Re: 67 washer pump

this picture is of a 68, hope it helps. There is a spring

Dale

68 Dana 302, 68 rs 327 daily driver/family car, 71 rs, track car/ driver, 68 firebird 400, 70 formula 400, 73 type LT, 98 TA, 2 goofy kids and an incredible wife.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 08, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

the white block where the long spring goes across is broke & my spring is missing.looks like i need to buy me a washer pump or buy one for parts off e-bay.darn money pit.thanks for pics dale saw problem immediately.pics are worth a thousand words.was wanting to use mine it was original white top.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 08, 09:59 PM
Senior Tech
Dale

The aftermarket ones do not look the same. I thought I could take the white nozzles off the original one and put it in the aftermarket, no dice. So I thought I would use the rubber diaphram from the new in the old, no dice.
I just reinstalled my old one. All that is wrong with my original is the rubber diaphram is bad.
dale

68 Dana 302, 68 rs 327 daily driver/family car, 71 rs, track car/ driver, 68 firebird 400, 70 formula 400, 73 type LT, 98 TA, 2 goofy kids and an incredible wife.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 08, 05:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Dale, The corvettes 63 thru 67's have a washer bellow that fits exactly. http://www.grilleteeth.com/shop/item.asp?part=1044 I found one at a local corvette restoration shop for $10. It is a common part from what the guy told me. I put it in my 67 and fit fine, but my pump is not getting power to engage the motor, back to trouble shooting.

67 Vert RS/SS 350 4 SP
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 08, 08:30 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st 67 SS/RS View Post
Dale, The corvettes 63 thru 67's have a washer bellow that fits exactly. http://www.grilleteeth.com/shop/item.asp?part=1044 I found one at a local corvette restoration shop for $10. It is a common part from what the guy told me. I put it in my 67 and fit fine, but my pump is not getting power to engage the motor, back to trouble shooting.
Hey, Thanks! I need the bellows also. Everything else but the diaphragm is still in working order after 41 years.

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 08, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

after looking at my pump it is made similar to yours dale but the long spring that's on yours its on the front of white block my pump has a spring on the white block but its on the back side.I'm thinking my setup is different.the plunger on mine will move back & forth by hand.the part that flies up is in dales picture.its the arm in the upper left corner.it wont stay down on the plastic cog i think the electric current pulls it down on cog & holds it.maybe not.thanks any way guys i really appreciate it thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode