how mutch will it cost ? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
tim

how mutch will it cost ?

my car was almost done i thought.i neglected the wiring.now its time to pay up.car is assembled and needs to be rewired.carbed 12.1 302 msd 6al ,fans , simple stuff.how mutch for the labor? your input would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 06:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
Re: how mutch will it cost ?

I think this is going to require more of exactly what needs to be wired and is it street or strip.Is it the stock harness do you need to buy one is it toggles or a stock type harness.This is going to be a hard one to get answered.

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
tim

stock wiring .street car .stock switches. aaw harness. i would like to add a electrical distrbution block to make add ons easier.such as exhaust cut outs , upgrages,and maybe some amps for tunes.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 07:36 PM
Banned
Ron

This is going to be a tuffy!.....I spent a good day and a half completely rewiring my 68 coupe with a 18 circuit Painless Wiring kit!.....You're going to be using the more expensive wiring harness so figure on probably adding another 1K, maybe less!.....It would be best and cheaper to purchase the wiring kit and do it yourself!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 10:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jereme

What is the condition of the existing wiring harnesses? Or is all of the wiring out of the car and you are starting from scratch? Some questions that come to mind for me are do you have gauges and AC.

I noticed that you have fans and assume that these are electric so you will need a few relays. If you are going to start wiring relays under the hood for fans your may want to take a look at using them for your headlights too. If you have not checked out www.madelectrical.com they have a great tutorial.

1969 L78 SS396 (Engine Long Gone)
BBC 496, TKO600, Beautiful Stock 12 Bolt Posi (maybe the only stock thing left.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 08, 05:05 AM
Senior Tech

Tim, which AAW harness? The OE style Factory Fit, or the Classic Update? If you've already bought the harnesses and they are Factory Fit, you may want to return them and get the Classic Update; the Update would have the extra circuits you want, so nothing would have to be "added."

I posted some estimates of the time it took to install my classic update in this thread:

https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...t=update+hours

You can add up the hours (approximately 17 hours on my disassembled car) and then multiply by an hourly labor rate that is appropriate for your area to come up with a ballpark cost (probably at least $1K). I discussed some of the other variables for the install time in this thread:

https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...t=update+hours

If you do go the Update route, it's really not that difficult. The kit has good instructions, and AAW has very strong tech support that is just a phone call away. Many questions you might have can also be answered here; there a many of us on here that have used the Update here and can give tips, and Donny from AAW often monitors the forums here and can answer here as well.

The OE style Factory Fit installation is even easier, except that there will be some time to figure out how to make the modifications you want.

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 09, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
tim

classic update
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 09, 02:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

We get 25 bucks an hour...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 09, 02:04 PM
Senior Tech
gary

i love phonetic spelling !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode