another reason why gm needs government help - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 09, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
bill

another reason why gm needs government help

so i bring my suburban back to dealer for a third time. because my gas and oil pressure guage stopped working. 2 times they replaced the tank sensors in both tanks. 2 times replaced dash cluster because they had problems with them and i got a letter a while back from gm that now they warranty dash till 75000 miles. so i figured it needed to be replaced again. today they call.it is now out of there warranty.you need oil pressure switch and another gas level sensor in tank. i said ok how much. oil switch and labor to do it 279.54 i almost dropped on floor from that. i asked how much for sensor in tank he goes well it is alot of labor involved and that is going to be 1247.87. i dropped dead for a moment. i told him ill come pick it up. i investigated a little bit. oil pressure switch is 102.39 from dealer and 0.6 to put in how can they charge 279.54 for it? sensor in tank is 198.92 and 3.3 hours labor and charge 1247.87. what is there labor rate 400 bux an hour. any body has this or similiar electrical problems with there surburbans or pickup trucks. oil pressure switch i just picked up from a parts store and putting it in this weekend to see if they misdiagnosed it for 43.21
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 09, 05:23 PM
Senior Tech
Todd

Re: another reason why gm needs government help

They don't call em stealers for nothing.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 09, 05:25 PM
Senior Tech
gary

I just put a sending unit/fuel pump assembly in my Chevy P.U. Aftermarket parts were around 100 bux. Replaced it myself. Easiest method was to take the bolts out of the box and jack it up with a floor jack. (I had just filled the tank).

I would take $1247.87 anytime if someone wants it done.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 09, 05:27 PM
Senior Tech
gary

....I would even give it a quick detail job when I got 'er done.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 09, 05:30 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

Unhappy Re: another reason why gm needs government help

another reason why gm needs government help
Hope the new Camaro doesn't suffer from such maladies. Not that I'll ever be able to afford a new one tho.

"Our affair with Camaros is a life sentence without the possibility of parole".
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 09, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
bill

what makes me even madder im still paying on this truck since it was brand new when i bought it for 43000 list price of 60000. and only 42000 miles on it.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 09, 09:02 PM
Senior Tech

What year vehicle?

EricE
68 Butternut Yellow
SS Coupe 396/325
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 09, 05:18 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Not being snippy?...but you need a different dealer.
Barring that, you need to go talk to the manager of the dealership, or even the Regional Service Manager and layout what you posted here.

Can't let that stand...call them on it.

Jim
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 09, 09:26 AM
Senior Tech
Jerry

Thought you guys might like this even though it's 20 years old:

69 Z11 03D Van Nuys
82 Z28 Gordon Johncock's Pace Car
97 30th Z28 6 speed vert 1 of 175

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 09, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
bill

it is an 2004 surburban. lol i like that comic strip. this weekend im going to put new oil pressure switch in and try it. i cant see a switch will read 80 psi than 0 than back to 80 sometimes. my wife picked it up today and she went from paying to parts counter and price on bill of switch was 200.95 and parts list is 102.39 guy at parts shook his head. after he looked at the bill. after im going to call up regional office.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 09, 01:58 PM
Senior Tech

Man, if that C&H commic strip is 20 years old, it just go to show that some things never change.

Dave
========================
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 09, 02:20 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

You may want to look into this. NJ lemon law info link below.
http://www.lemonauto.com/lemon_laws/text_nj.htm

I had a problem with my moms 92 Cadillac, 6 trips to the dealer for failed repairs... I hired the best Lemon law atty in the state of California, easily won the case, Mom got a brand new 96 Cadillac including tax & license free and clear with an extended warranty for the trouble, and GM had to pay all of the attorney fees. If your case is strong enough you won't have to give the atty any $ up front. Look into it, the law in NJ is similar to Ca... Do some research and find the best Lemon law atty in NJ and give them a call. Most of them will tell you if you got a chance or not without spending any of your Camaro money *wink*

P.S. This actually turned into a cool little side job for me, as the atty I used now pays me to review repair orders for problems and red flags for his current cases because of how I prepared documents for him to use in our court hearing. I actually embarassed the GM atty to the point of him ejecting the service manager involved from the hearing, and the ensuing result was sincere appologizes and us being offered anything we wanted, and then some.

Sometimes it's better to let someone think your an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 09, 04:07 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Md. Lemon Law is 4 times for same repair, but I don't know the time it has to happen within.
Check your laws

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 09, 05:49 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

I think the time limit for his problems are probably expired, but it never hurts to ask a professional just in case of a loophole.

Sometimes it's better to let someone think your an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode