Orange wire - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Julio

Orange wire

Team,

On my 69 Camaro, there is an orange wire that comes from the firewall, goes throught the plastic holder over the distributor, then travels towards the intake manifold. Wehre does this connect and what is it? It looks similar to the wires that would go on the ignition coil. Thanks.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 11:14 AM
Senior Tech

Re: Orange wire

Sounds like the heater fan power supply wire, if I am understanding your description. Does it have a round rubber boot over a single female connector?

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 12:55 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

The magic orange wire....this is live with the ing off...for cig lighter and acceries when the ign is off....can hook radio up to it to use with ign off

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 01:08 PM
Guess

I second Eric. Sounds like the heater motor wire. It should keep going across the firewall to the passenger fender and plug into the heater motor.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 01:14 PM
Banned
Ron

That orange wire goes to your heater blower motor!.....Route it along the firewall and above the heater box and plug it into the blower motor.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Julio

Sorry guys, The blower motor is already connected with a female connecter. The blower motor is about 1" long with rubber around it and hard to connect with the fender on. The orange wire Im referring to comes out of those same cables and looks like it should hook up to the coil because it looks just like the cables that go on the coil. I'll try to post pics as soon as possible. Thanks
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 04:43 PM
Senior Tech
Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Camaro350 View Post
Sorry guys, The blower motor is already connected with a female connecter. The blower motor is about 1" long with rubber around it and hard to connect with the fender on. The orange wire Im referring to comes out of those same cables and looks like it should hook up to the coil because it looks just like the cables that go on the coil. I'll try to post pics as soon as possible. Thanks
I believe it does go to the positive side of the coil....saw it on an old 69 wiring diagram.

Roger 67 RS/SS350
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 04:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger344 View Post
I believe it does go to the positive side of the coil....saw it on an old 69 wiring diagram.
I don't think it should, it doesn't sound like a resistor wire. Idle stop solenoid? I can't remember what color those wires were.

Jeff
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 05:08 PM
Banned
Ron

I don't have my color coded wiring diagram in front of me but I'm thinking that this wire could be for the oil pressure switch or sending unit??
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Julio

Looking at it closely, on the passenger side on the intake manifold, there is a circular spring that a curburator linkage hook up to it. Could it be that this wire is a simple ground that hooks up to that spring retatiner nut? How do I post a pic of this? Car was all original. Thanks Team
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 05:42 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Camaro350 View Post
Looking at it closely, on the passenger side on the intake manifold, there is a circular spring that a curburator linkage hook up to it. Could it be that this wire is a simple ground that hooks up to that spring retatiner nut? How do I post a pic of this? Car was all original. Thanks Team
Sounds like that spring is part of the choke. Don't connect it like a ground until you test to see if it has 12 volts on it...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Julio

Correct, The linkage controls the front opening to the carburator. This is the only place that I can see this going to. I'll check to make sure it does not have 12v onit. Thanks. How do I post Pics......?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 09, 03:27 AM
Senior Tech
Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
I don't have my color coded wiring diagram in front of me but I'm thinking that this wire could be for the oil pressure switch or sending unit??
I think oil pressure wire was green. One thing we don't know.....does the car start ?

Roger 67 RS/SS350
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 09, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Julio

Roger, thanks. The car starts. Today, I rebuilt the carburator and I notices that there was a green wire with a loop at the end. Does this go to the distributor, if so where? If not, any idea.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 09, 08:48 PM
Dave

If your car has C60 (air cond) this wire is not hooked up It is for the blower motor in heater-only cars. It should not be 'live' as the other end inside the car at the heater controls is not hooked up either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode