1981 directional issues - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 09, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

1981 directional issues

Can anyone help me with this:
I have a 1981 Camaro but neither of the directional lights are working on it. Itís really frustrating because all the other lights are working including the hazards. After replacing all the bulbs and flashers accompanied with several hours of scratching my hours; I took the steering wheel off and started looking at the directional switch. Well to my surprise my Clintons told me I would find only 6 wires in there, lone behold I found 8 leading to the directional switch. I believe one is for the horn, but that leaves 7 there so I believe that the switch I have came from a 1974-77 camaro. From that switch I was able to check the power in most of the wires when the hazards were on. I then checked the power when the directional switch was activated and ignition turned, and found no power in the wires that were just working with the hazards. SO I guess with my limited experience that that means a fuse or wire to/from the signal flasher is broken. Does anyone have know how to check these theories or if I overlooked something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1981, directional, lights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode