Original 1969 Camaro Harness!! - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 09, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Vic

Cool Original 1969 Camaro Harness!!

Back in 1969, what circuit was the chassis harness for the 1969 camaro, NON a/c, NON power windows or NON power locks. I want to have the exact same harness that came with my camaro, and dont want extra wires/fuses. Which of the following would be best for me, that is if these will even work with my 69 camaro?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/50069...ht_5701wt_1617

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/51000...ht_6191wt_1617

Also, will they connect with my existing wires, such at my steering column, and heater box, brake switich etc.

ONLY thing i see updated is the headlight connector and the fuse box itself.

Thanks guys!

Vic
1969 Camaro SS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 09, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Original 1969 Camaro Harness!!

The first choice, #5701, appears to be a kit to replace the OE harness, or if building a kit car, street rod, or what have you. It appears to me, this kit is the model you can chose the circuits needed as required. The availability of adding a circuit later in life is there.

The second choice, #6191, appears to be a replacement/upgrade harness for OE harness. It shows it having the steering column column to connect to either brand of OE harness.

Call the vendor and ask them before making a decision.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 09, 10:09 AM
Senior Tech
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1969 View Post
Back in 1969, what circuit was the chassis harness for the 1969 camaro, NON a/c, NON power windows or NON power locks. I want to have the exact same harness that came with my camaro, and dont want extra wires/fuses. Which of the following would be best for me, that is if these will even work with my 69 camaro?
None of those are exact, but should work if you are good at wiring.

They make exact wiring harness's, but they are in the $500 range.

Do you prefer to spend time or money?

http://www.americanautowire.com/FactoryFit.html

Last edited by 68 Ragtop; Mar 11th, 09 at 10:25 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 09, 10:39 AM
Senior Tech

Neither of your links are what you want if you want to just replace one harness. Your 69 has five basic harnesses:

Dash harness - main harness under dash, has instrument panel, heater control, steering column connector, includes fuse box and the bulkhead connector for the front lighting and engine harnesses, plus connector for front-to-back harness.

Front lighting harness - this the the driver side connector to the fuse box bulkhead, and contains the main power lead to the fuse box, front lighting wires, brake warning light, water temp sensor lead, and horns

Engine harness - this the passenger side half of the connector to the fuse box bulkhead, and contains ignition power, oil pressure sensor lead, idle speed solenoid (if so equipped), starter lead, etc.

Front-to-rear harness - bundle of wires connecting the main dash harness to the rear lighting harness; I believe the dome light for coupes comes off this harness (my 1st gens don't have a roof...)

Rear lighting harness - stop and turn lights, reverse lamps, sidemarkers, fuel tank sending unit, license plate lamp.

If you want to replace just one of the above, you need an OE replacement style, either American Autowire Factory Fit ( http://www.americanautowire.com/Fact...Harnesses.html ) or M&H ( www.wiringharness.com )

If you want to replace them all and want one kit, the AAW Classic Update is the way to go; the kits you linked are better for street rods or for vehicles for which a specific fit Classic Update kit is not available.

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode