intermittent, wiper delay - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 09, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
kevin

intermittent, wiper delay

I had a good idea, maybe... I am wanting to install intermittent wipers on my 67 and also would like it to be hidden. The 70's ford trucks utilize a rotary knob with washer feature similar to the camaros.The intermittent feature has a box that plugs in behind the dash, similar to the 80's chevrolet trucks. Electrical is not my area of understanding, but to someone who does have a better grasp it might be a workable solution.The first roadblock I saw was the Ford wiring appears to be power supplied motor instead of ground supplied. Maybe this can work using relays? Please take a look at the for wiring and write-up and offer input. Thanks..

http://www.fordification.com/wiperdelay.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 09, 03:51 PM

Re: intermittent, wiper delay

detroit speed and engineering has a 7-speed wiper motor w/intermittent feature but no washer.price is $300.00.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 09, 05:36 PM
Team Member

Late '80's S-10 , Fiero etc use a motor that will bolt right up to a '68 or '69. It can be use on a '67 if you drill new mounting holes in the firewall. The shaft that attaches the link arm is la larger diameter but easy to modify. These motors are power supplied like the Ford you describe. some have a delay module mounted on the motor, they will not clear a factory power brake booster, the remote mounted delay style motors will fit. So... it looks like you found the delay switch that I've been looking for to make this work. now to figue out the wiring. I do not see how the low spped gets power on the diagram supplied?

TTFN
Mat

SSCARGO

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 09, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Klemp View Post
Late '80's S-10 , Fiero etc use a motor that will bolt right up to a '68 or '69. It can be use on a '67 if you drill new mounting holes in the firewall. The shaft that attaches the link arm is la larger diameter but easy to modify. These motors are power supplied like the Ford you describe. some have a delay module mounted on the motor, they will not clear a factory power brake booster, the remote mounted delay style motors will fit. So... it looks like you found the delay switch that I've been looking for to make this work. now to figue out the wiring. I do not see how the low spped gets power on the diagram supplied?

TTFN
Mat
I have this setup on my 67 ford truck. It is basically plug and play since the ford wiring stayed the same. The diagram is confusing.If you turn the knob left, it is a variable delay, turn it right and it functions like regular wipers, HI and LO .I think the HI LO wires may bypass the module .I was thinking of modifying the one connector that should have a few connections to make. Power,ground,wiper hi,wiper low...I actually have another one like this shown on ebay, but still confused on wiring.I need a better diagram. Check it out. BTW it is push button washer too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...Q5fAccessories
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 6th, 17, 03:22 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Garage

I had this one installed, I think same concept as Kevin mentioned above. Works great so far! Much cheaper than a lot of other options out there. From Revolution Electronics on Amazon.

Check my rides:

1968 Camaro Convertible LS1, T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Challenger RT Scat Pack Shaker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 6th, 17, 06:25 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Kevin - I also have a revolution module installed and did a feature on it a couple years back. Works like a charm and had no changes to make, plug and play and cheap. I looked at a switch that the Mustang guys came up with and tried working with their R & D guy to see how hard it would be to modify for GM wiring, in the end it was not worth the time for them as the projected income was too low for them to continue. I also looked at retro-fitting something from a bone yeard but wanted to keep as much factory original as possible. This module allowed for everything I wanted in function fit and form.

$71.99 PN 13009 (GM cars and trucks from the 60's and early 70's with factory two-speed, non-hiding wipers)
Take a look at the installation guide and see how that fits with your comfort level. 13009 Installation.PDF

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BNZ05LU

Brian

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode