Fuse box wiring question with Pertronix and Cowl wires - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 09, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Fuse box wiring question with Pertronix and Cowl wires

I am finished installing my Pertronix and am installing a flamethrower coil. I have run the new power to the coil wire since I was instructed to disregard the resistor wire. The new 12 gauge wire is run to the fuse block and waiting to be plugged into the fuse block from the IGN.

The question arises with, I have cowl induction and the stock pink wire is in the ignition plug and the stock brown wire in the plug above. Can I simply plug my new wire running to the coil feeding the full 12 volts for the Pertonix into the seconday wire and plug off of the pink cowl wire? The pink cowl wire is in the IGN. plug and does have a wire off of it that can handle a wire to be plugged into it.

The only plugs on the fuse block that are open are the BATT and INSTR. as the cowl wires have used the 2 other plugs on the fuse block.

I want to be sure before I plug my new feed wire into the cowl wire off of the fuse block so I don't have any issues.

I am assuming that this will work fine as the stock pink cowl wire is plugged onto the fuse block.

Thanks, in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 09, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Re: Fuse box wiring question with Pertronix and Cowl wires

Thanks for all of your responses!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode