Turn signal on at all times? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 09, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
kirk

Turn signal on at all times?

I replace turn signal and now left front turn signal is always on? not rear? even when turn signal is in off position or right hand turn the left is always on.

Kirk
67' Camaro Convertible, 454, 540 HP, 400 turbo, 2800 stall, 12 bolt 411 posi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 5th, 09, 06:27 AM
Senior Tech
Roger

Re: Turn signal on at all times?

Sounds like it could be a problem with your 4 way flashers....I have a similar problem where if I just touch the 4 way button, the left signal comes on....I haven't got it fixed yet

Roger 67 RS/SS350
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 5th, 09, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
kirk

Roger344 when you say 4 way button? do you mean the flasher? When this happens if I pull up on flasher and turn signal it stops. i know there's a short some where just haven't figured it out yet. Thanks for your reply.

Kirk
67' Camaro Convertible, 454, 540 HP, 400 turbo, 2800 stall, 12 bolt 411 posi

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 9th, 09, 11:33 AM
Senior Tech
Roger

Yes, I was talking about the 4 way flasher button....sounds like we have the same problem....and I recently replaced my turn signal switch in the steering column....for now I just removed the flasher unit for the 4 ways because it would come on while just sitting in the garage.

Roger 67 RS/SS350
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 9th, 09, 12:26 PM

Sometimes the contacts get so gunked up they actually arc across and make contact when they are not supposed to. Try cleaning them up with wd-40 or brake cleaner and then follow it up with compressed air. The keyboard cleaner in a spray can from an office supply store works best since you can fit the straw nozzle on the can and get way in there.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 10th, 09, 06:06 PM
Senior Tech
Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzinquick View Post
Sometimes the contacts get so gunked up they actually arc across and make contact when they are not supposed to. Try cleaning them up with wd-40 or brake cleaner and then follow it up with compressed air. The keyboard cleaner in a spray can from an office supply store works best since you can fit the straw nozzle on the can and get way in there.
Well, mine is a brand new signal switch and Kirk said his was just replaced....perhaps there was too much dielectric grease on them from the factory...it's worth a try to clean up everything.Thanks for the idea!

Roger 67 RS/SS350
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 09, 01:48 AM
Senior Tech
H

How do you change your turn signal switch?!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 09, 01:29 PM
Senior Tech
Roger

It wasn't all that hard but I really can't explain it easily.....I just started tearing the steering column apart until I could take out the switch/wiring harness, then replaced it. I'm not a mechanic, so I think it was pretty self explanatory.

Roger 67 RS/SS350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode