Engine wires done right ? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 09, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Lex

Cool Engine wires done right ?

Does anyone know a place that is good at electical and does wiring nicely like the pix in this link below. My engine does not look safe, i fear the wires touching stuff on the engine might get to hot and start to have problems. If anyone can recommend a place near Antioch California, not to far, that can do wiring like the pix below please let me know. I would really like to feel safe about driving my car. At the moment i just had my high beam and low beam button replaced and the wiring behind my guages and some on the engine and it cost me almost $700.00 and it don't look anything like this.

This is my engine below and it don't feel safe, wires are everywhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

68 Camaro / 400 ci / 3.73 10 /
Edelbrock Performer Series 600 cfm no. 14054
Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake Manifold 27014

98 GMC Suburban / 454 V8 / K2500 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 09, 05:15 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Engine wires done right ?

Are you just talking about the spark plug wires? try summit racing and choose a set of looms or holder you like.

Heck, I live in Livermore, have a brother in law in Brentwood. And would be willing to do whatever electrical work you want in either place.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 09, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400bird View Post
Are you just talking about the spark plug wires? try summit racing and choose a set of looms or holder you like.

Heck, I live in Livermore, have a brother in law in Brentwood. And would be willing to do whatever electrical work you want in either place.
Wow in Brentwood ! That is like 10 or 15 minutes away ! Dude if ok with you i would really appreciate it if he was available to do the sparkplug wires and other electrical wires so they don't touch the manifold and the valve covers. I have a feeling they might melt or something. Let me know, i would gladly appreciate it, if they have the time.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 09, 09:29 PM
Senior Tech

Well, I was just out there last Sunday (helping him with his 260z he just bought) and probably will be out there again on the 6th, to get it all the way running.

But, I would be more that willing to help, just be sure to get a set of wire looms for your spark plug wires.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 09, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400bird View Post
Well, I was just out there last Sunday (helping him with his 260z he just bought) and probably will be out there again on the 6th, to get it all the way running.

But, I would be more that willing to help, just be sure to get a set of wire looms for your spark plug wires.
I'll look into the wire looms and if possible you can check to see if my other electrical wires are safe. Right on dude.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 09, 07:14 PM
Senior Tech

yup, we can check it all out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode