69 Wiper motor problem`` - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 09, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
DHH
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

69 Wiper motor problem``

I have read the other posts before I put this up. My wipers would move very slowly for about 5 minutes and then stop. I do not have the cash for a new motor so I pulled the old assembly out and dissasembled the motor. I cleaned the bushings and lubed them, cleaned the armature & shaft and put it all back together. The good news is that they work great and I have both speeds, the bummer is they wont shut off. I unhooked the harness from the dash switch and they still run (on Low) I thought maybe I needed to clock the park switch so I took it all out, turned the armature 180 deg. and put it back in, same issue. Am I missing a step in the installation? Some necessary sequence of events? Or do I need to drill out the rivets and clean the 40 year old lube out of the gear drive rivet it up and bench test it with a charger? Any help is appreciated. If I can't fix it I'll just unplug the harness unless I get caught in the rain till I get some extra cash.
Thanks

Some videos I'v made for youtube

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 09, 02:02 PM
Kevin

Re: 69 Wiper motor problem``

Arm only goes on one way that works, ball towards drivers side. The park circuit runs through the brass tab on the upper most grommet. Please check that ground path to firewall.

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 09, 06:18 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Don I have a factory manual on wipers I can bring to JimM's Sunday if you're coming out.

Jeff

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 09, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
DHH
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Thanks Jeff, I'm going to try. I did everything in the old posts except dissasemble the gear housing and check the park switch. I was hoping it was something else since they parked before but maybe by moving the motor and a little banging around some grease got between the park contacts. Guess I'll have to drill out the rivets and find out. At least now I can just unplug the harness when it's dry and plug it in when it's raining, RainX is good but not that good.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 09, 08:49 AM
Guess

Here's a new one if that one can't be fixed.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...EAMS_518338170

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 09, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
DHH
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Thanks thats pretty cheap & a lifetime Warranty as well. Did you try one?

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 09, 09:21 AM
Guess

Not yet. Mine works.
I got that link from another thread a few posts down this week.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 09, 06:41 AM

My wipers were doing the same (would not shut off), found that it was the ground under the dash on the switch... Took care of my ground and now works fine. Good luck
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 09, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
DHH
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

I'll check that out. I was messing around under the dash in the birds nest the previous owners have left for me the same day.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode