Blower Motor - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 09, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Jason

Blower Motor

Hi guys, this is my first post and I have got lots of questions. the first one I am going to hit is my blower motor is not working. I have a '67 camaro that is basically a frankenstein. It has a '69 dash and I'm not sure what I'm looking at but all I know is that I don't have a defroster and I'm going to need one. Can anybody tell me what color wires I need to power to start troubleshooting this system? Thanks! I will have more questions soon I'm sure, I just started this project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 09, 01:24 PM
Senior Tech
Tristan

Send a message via AIM to Mav68erick
Re: Blower Motor

lol... the ugly dash... if anything they need to put 67 68 dashes in 69s = /

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
68 Camaro

I Hate Spotwelds
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 09, 03:42 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome to Team Camaro Jason!

Do you know if the car had factory AC or not? If no AC, there is a single orange wire (12 gage or 14 gage) running across the firewall to the blower motor, which is under the passenger side fender. AC cars have the blower in the same place, and the same wire color, but the wire routing is a little different. The orange wire should show approx 12V when the key is on and the fan switch is in the all the way on position.

I don't know that I have seen a 69 dash in a 67. Maybe someone hung a Nova dash in it? Does it have two holes on the passenger side to secure the 69 Camaro instrument panel? Does the car have a 67 VIN in the driver front doorjamb, on with rosette rivets? Round hole to mount the wiper motor?

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 09, 03:42 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav68erick View Post
lol... the ugly dash... if anything they need to put 67 68 dashes in 69s = /
That is called a 69 Firebird dash...

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 09, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Jason

Sorry guys, I'm used to getting an email when people reply to my forum post, I thought nobody loved me!

It is very possible it is a Nova dash, I really don't know, I just know it isn't a 67 camaro dash from the pictures I have seen of others and the vertical AC controller its got. It has no center console, a center ashtray with cig lighter, and the instrument cluster has been cut out with a saw and replaced with a covan dash. I will post some pictures in a minute. I have heard alot of other people mention that orange wire and I can't seem to find it. It did have factory air, but the air box has been replaced with a home dryer vent to cover it (yes it looks as bad as it sounds) and the resistor pack was mounted (dropped in a hole) on the top of it. I will just have to post some pics when my wife gets back with the camera today. Anyways, it's getting cold out and I need my heater working and I don't want to have to pull of my fender and change my blower motor unless I have too. Thanks guys!

PS. do any of you know how to make this forum send you emails when you get a reply? thanks!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 09, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Jason

I just looked at a pic of a 68 Nova dash, I'm pretty sure thats what they put in it. What the [email protected]#% were they thinking?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 09, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Jason

ok, so I narrowed it down to the blower relay, it was a solid hunk of rust. I ordered a new one from Autozone (it was only $6.99!). Hopefully this will fix it permanently.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 09, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Jason

I installed the new relay, now the blower motor works only at full blast and only if I it on max AC. The controls don't really seem to do anything else. I'm pretty much lost at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode